5. Drink tonight?!

He was still in the same place, staring at the letter in his hand. After he was sure that there was no one else in the room, he sat down on the table where Stefani had sat a few seconds earlier. The place was still warm. He opened the envelope and unfolded the letter inside.

~ Dear Mr. Cooper, we wanted to thank you! In this short time, you have done a lot for our daughter and we owe you that. She has already told us a lot about you and it really seems to be that you are a good person. As a thank you, we invite you to a dinner. As you know, we are an italian family and even have a restaurant. It would be a great pleasure for us to cook for you.
PS. Don't try to talk yourself out, because that would hurt our italian pride.
This Saturday evening at 18 o'clock

Greetings Joe and Cynthia Germanotta ~

Although he knew none other than Stefani from the Germanotta family, the letter was very warm and cordial. He knew the words were serious and smiled. Should he really go there? Between Stefani and him it crackled again and again, so it wasn't a good idea to accept the dinner.
The rest of the break he prepared for the next lesson and pondered the invitation. Just Stefani was in his head. Did he really fall in love with her? As a 28-year-old man? He was deep in thought as the door opened and a boy came in.

Don't you have a break?

Yes Sir, I just wanted to drop something.

Fast!

Thanks Sir!

With a critical eye, he watched the student go to a bench and put a rose on the table. He smiled at the gesture. Sometimes the teens were really cute. As soon as the student had come in, he disappeared again. The bell rang and the break was over. Cooper was still sitting in his seat, looking for a specific person. Stefani came in and went to her place. He kept his eyes fixed on her until he realized what was happening. The rose, the boy had brought the rose for her. Why he hadn't noticed that this was her table? Was she his girlfriend? But all the glances weren't just imaginary!
Stefani took the rose and her gaze immediately went to her teacher. Although he didn't quite admit it, Cooper was more than jealous. He didn't catch her look and turned to the blackboard. In the meantime, Stefani had noticed a note on the rose.

~ For the most beautiful girl in the school. CC. ~

Immediately she knew who the rose was from.

Christian!

Even if it was not really logical, she had first hope that the rose was from Cooper. Inwardly he was furious. Stefani noticed that he avoided her gaze and almost ignored her. After a very tense last hour, the lesson was finally over. All the students packed their things and went at home. Stefani took the rose and threw it in the trash. She did it so conspicuously that her teacher heard and even saw it. Cooper saw the action and had to suppress a small smile.

Why did you throw the rose away?

It was from Christian!

Wait, the guy from the corridor?

Yes. I don't want to meet him!

Ohh yes sure, you only have eyes for your great Br-

Shhht!

Cooper passed them and opened the door for the girls.

Stefani?

Yes?

Thanks a lot! You can tell your parents that I will take the appointment.

He waved the letter.