7. Not here

Bradley got along well with Joe and Cynthia. They were very nice and of course italian. Four hours passed while having a conversation, good italian food and much fun together. Even Stefani had fun and forgot the party.

I hope our daughter doesn't belong to the variety, otherwise I have to talk to you!

No, Stefani is a wonderful student. Her achievements are really amazing! You definitely don't need to worry!

I am glad to hear that. So, if nobody wants to eat anything anymore, I'll clean it up. Hope the meal was ok.

Of course! I'll definitely visit your restaurant the next time! It was delicious!

Joe brought all the plates and leftovers to the kitchen and took care of the dishes. Just when Cyntia wanted to say something, the phone rang.

Excuse me!

Shortly after she left the room, she came in again with a telephone on her ear.

Stef, can I talk with you please, just for one second!

The girl got up and went to her mother.

Glenn, the contractions started and John is not there. I should drive her to the hospital. I call you, if something is wrong! I have to hurry now! Love you!

Her mother stormed out the door and made her way to her friend.

I think I better drive home too.

He got up from the chair and looked out of the large terrace window. It was raining outside and lightning struck the sky.

I think you can cancel your plans! Your motorcycle is probably not fit for thunderstorms.

She crossed her arms with a grin on her face.

I think you're right and what should I do now?

Mom got the car and  the taxi companies are on strike. I think you can stay here. We have a very comfortable couch and if it's necessary you can sleep in my room.

Only after she said the words, she noticed that it sounded a bit wrong.

And I'll take the couch.

Stefani blushed, but turned away so he couldn't catch it. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

If anyone will know about that- I'll get in big trouble.

Nobody will know it from me!

There was a silence for a moment.

I'll be right back.

Stefani went to her father, in the kitchen and told her that her mother had gone to Glenn and that Cooper would probably have to spend the night with them. Joe had no problem with the whole thing. He liked Bradley very much and italians help each other.
Cooper looked around the living room a little. A few pictures of Stefani and her sister were on a shelf. With a small grin on his face, he looked at them and laughed a bit.

What are you doing there?

He winced and jumped.

I just looked at your pictures, is this your sister?

Yes, that's Natali. She is 6 years younger than me.

Is that you ?

In kindergarten, embarrassing!

You have a beautiful name, do you know that? Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.

The girl blushed a little again. She was floating on cloud nine. The fact that her teacher was going to spent the night at their house made her feel crazy.