<11>

Taehyung

I hate to lie to Peyton but I'm not ready to tell her the truth. I want to see her, but she can't see me bruised up like this. I'm not up for explaining my father. Accusing her asshat ex of jumping me, without proof, would make me look jealous and crazy.

If I tell her I fell, I'm afraid she'll rush over to tend my wounds. I can't risk THEM seeing her come here, whoever the fuck THEY are. I don't want to provoke them until I'm at least able to move without wincing, so I need an excuse to not see her for 2 or 3 days.

So... something contagious... and gross enough that she wouldn't want to chance it. But not so gross that she'll never want to kiss me again.
It's almost noon, so I text her.

                                                                             Me
                                                                              Hey are u ok?
                                                                          do you feel sick?

Peyton noona
hey no I'm fine. R u sick?

Me
                        fever.hope it's not flu

Peyton noona
so sorry 🥺
hope you feel better soon
do u need anything?

Me
                                                                       nah I got meds
                         afraid to eat

Peyton noona
I feel u
don't get dehydrated tho

                                                                                Me

                       K ima gb to sleep

Peyton noona
Ok sweet dreams
and get well
please ask if you need anything

Me

                           ty
                             ttyl

                            last night was fun
                            😘

Peyton noona
yw
it was
get well cutie
😘

I'm grinning like an idiot. I feel like I've got bubbles in my chest. This girl makes me so happy. Tomorrow is Sunday. So by Tuesday, the scratches on my face should be gone. I can see her then. Why does everything have to be so complicated?

                                  Peyton

Finally, my paper on postmodern philosophy's effect on architecture is finished and sunshine has replaced the gray drizzle. I'm grabbing my keys for my Sunday afternoon grocery run. I'm ready for my BFF and roommate Cassie to get back from Japan and go shopping with me.  It's no fun going alone.

I suppose I was a bit over dramatic, thinking Tae wouldn't want to see me again. He's been sick. We've texted a little yesterday and he seemed like normal. I can't believe he doesn't think I'm a psycho.

Images of me freaking out creep into my mind and then the shame,  that he had to know anything about mine and Bo's fucked up relationship. I will feel better when I see Tae in person.  Then I'll know for sure. I mean... he sent a kissy face. Doesn't that mean everything is cool?

He is the most captivating person I've ever met. I could talk to him for hours. I miss him, which is ridiculous after just one date. I like everything he does. His shy blushes, his bright open smiles. And his sexy smirks and dominant gazes - I wasn't prepared for those but I love them. Tae is quite a mystery and I can't get enough of any of it.

I'm going to text him. He may need something from the store. And I would definitely risk getting sick to see him.

There's a note on my windshield. I'm not even parked in my neighbor's spot. She is such a witch. I snatch it up and open it.

Today is beautiful, just like you.
I hope you've had a restful weekend.

Bo

            ~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~ ~

So who do you think is behind the attack on Tae?

Taehyung's father ?

Or Peyton's ex?

Let me know your theories in the comments!

The double update was to make up for the short chapters. They just needed to be separate.

Hopefully the updates will be more regular now that the characters (lol, my brain) are cooperating again. I get depressed every January and February but spring is finally HERE 🎉

THANK YOU for reading! I cherish every little star you give ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️