<21>

Peyton

I'm supposed to be studying but my brain died. So I'm taking a break to pack for Japan. I ordered a couple of surprises for Tae and hide them really good. What if security digs through my bag?  I will die of embarrassment if they see this on the x-ray scanner.

We leave tomorrow... well, today since it's now 3am. Finally, Cassie should be done with school so we can FaceTime. I ring her up and wait for her to answer.

"Hey! Whassup? I can't wait to see you. I've got lots of stuff planned to do!" Cassie is always ready for a party. I don't mean a get-drunk, grind-on-a-stranger party. I mean a homemade-banner, beauty-mask-spa-treatment-because-you-passed-your-test party. Any excuse, any theme will do. That's not to say she doesn't enjoy grinding on handsome strangers...

"I've missed you so bad. I'm gonna sleep on the plane so I won't be tired when we get there. Just remember Tae will be with me, and Jimin, his cousin, is coming too."

"Slow down, chica. This sounds like a double date. I know you're bringing the human tripod. Now, tell me about this cousin."

"Pleaseeee, don't call him that. Tae would die." Cassie gives me a knowing smile. We only joke about sexual stuff if we aren't serious about the guy. "The cousin's name is Jimin. He's Tae's best friend. He's our age, studying uh, film making, I think. He's super sweet. I talked to him on FaceTime a couple days ago. His English is really good. He's talkative and he smiles a lot."

"You didn't mention his looks. Should I be worried? Is he hideous?"

"Gosh no! He looks like a doll."

"A Ken doll? Or a Chuckie doll? You are scaring me."

"Sorry! I'm so tired I can't think. He's so cute and fluffy, with round eyes and full lips. But when he giggles, his little eyes close. I think he'll be fun."

"You sound like you're describing a puppy. Anyways ... so we're going to see the cherry blossoms?"

"Yes, at some point. Our schedule is really flexible," I answer her. I give her our flight info and our rendezvous spot that Tae has worked out. Apparently the airport has nightmare traffic, plus Jimin is meeting up with us.

"I cleaned my tiny apartment, so we can all stay here the first night. No matter what you say, I think y'all will need sleep. Any more news from El Pendejo?" She likes to make up unflattering names for YouKnowWho. Dickhead in Spanish. I like it.

I tell her about the crazy run-in, Bo getting arrested, and how Tae broke Bo's ankle defending us.

"I like this Tae! We'll celebrate the end of He Who Shall No Longer Be Mentioned. OMG! We can toast his demise with hot sake and plum wine."

"Maybe we can celebrate by never mentioning him again."

"Yes! Even better. But we'll still celebrate with plum wine and sake. Because we ... are .... together ... again!" Cassie's doing a little happy dance.

"Love you, sissy!" I blow her a kiss.

"Love you more." She blows me multiple kisses. I know how lucky I am to have a friend like her. A true friend. Cassie knows all of me and always wants the best for me. She's a forever friend.

                         Taehyung

My bags are loaded in the car and I just texted Peyton that I'm on my way. In three hours, our flight leaves for Japan. But that's not why I feel sick with anxiety. Today, Peyton is going to see a glimpse of the real me I've kept hidden. My other car.