YOU OUGHTA KNOW .3

AND I'M HERE TO REMIND YOU

OF THE MESS YOU LEFT WHEN YOU WENT AWAY

IT'S NOT FAIR TO DENY ME

OF THE CROSS I BEAR THAT YOU GAVE TO ME

"We have to go, Zendaya!"

"All I have to do is stay half black and die." She growled, bonnet inches away from falling and rollers sliding off of her hair.

China and Sophie were stood on her bed, pulling at her arms, trying to make her get up and get ready for the meeting they had at Mica Entertainment. Eventually, after enough tugging, she sat up but then she just tried to crawl away back under the covers.

"You can't make me!"

Sophie jumped off the bed and began pulling Zendaya at her torso by holding her in the Heimlich position.

"No!" Zendaya kicked her legs as China tried to grab her feet.

"This is a breach of contract." Sophie huffed. "Cameron is a rich white man now, he'll sue you!"

"Fuck him! Fuck this!" Zendaya screamed as her tired body gave in and before she knew it, she was being dragged into the bathroom.

After two hours of fighting, the girls were on the train to Manhattan. Zendaya stayed on the phone with Zayn cussing the whole time while the other girls caught up on sleep. When they got to the building, they were greeted by Jada who looked more than happy to see them.

"Hi!" Jada came from behind the front desk with her arms wide open. China and Sophie hugged her at the same time, feeling genuinely happy to see her.

"Karan told me about what happened and even though it's fucked up, I'm glad I'm going to be seeing you guys outside of Instagram." Jada smiled.

"Me too! Oh my God, you look so good." China said admiring her tiny waistline.

"Miss Pescatarian Diet does her thing."

"I might have to try that," China mumbled.

"Well, the big wigs are on a little break which gives me just enough time to go over how long you'll need the editing floors," Jada said walking back over to the desk.

"Floors? As in plural?" Zendaya asked.

"Yeah, the 2nd, 3rd, then 10th and 11th floors are all for editing," Jada said logging back into the computer. "I just need to know how many people to expect while your renovations are happening so I can make badges."

"I actually have a list of names and dates they think they'll need. But there are only like 30 groups on my roster right now and I doubt they'll all be there at once so one floor is fine." Zendaya handed Jada a few sheets of paper. "If more people sign up this month, I'll let you know."

"Oh. This is perfect. I'll work on that while you guys are in your meeting." Jada looked at her watch. "They should be about ready. Let me take you to the boardroom."

"Hey, guys, the ladies are here," Jada said peeking her head through the door before opening it wide and allowing them through.

"Right on time," Amanda said, standing up. "Ladies come sit by me. Everyone these are the young women behind Tre Lule. Sophie Reynolds, China McClain, and Zendaya Coleman."

Everyone clapped but Cameron of course. Sophie notices and she was already super close to losing her home training.

"So ladies you've been with us so a few months now, since November actually, and we're just now meeting you. Tell us about your group." Amanda said.