iii the leak

Tape 5: The Conclusion

This is Dr Caroline Josephine: Psychologist and Neurologist

This is Dr Caroline Josephine: Psychologist and Neurologist. For the past few years, I've been working with Cameron Boyce. My colleague, Dennis Jones referred him to me after he noticed a steady decline in his mental health, first triggered by a leak of private information. Cameron's a child actor and I've worked with plenty of those. Usually in these cases, you have a child forced into show biz by uncaring parents. They start doing drugs to get them through work. They like the money and the attention but don't want to actually do their job or deal with the downside that comes with fame. Cameron's a little different though. He doesn't want any of it. He'd trade all of it- even the money- for the chance to be normal. The only problem with that is... he would have never met China. China is Cameron's Achilles Heel if you will. Typical 'both the medicine and the disease' type of relationship for him.

When he first started working with Cameron, Jones simply thought he was a clinical narcissist. He made claims of wanting to date both his girlfriend and China at the same time just so she couldn't have a boyfriend. I've been given permission by Boyce himself to use him for a case study. This tape, the final tape, serves as a summary. I just needed one place to condense the most important data points.

To begin, here's one of his first sessions with Jones.

Jones: Last week you said you thought about breaking up with Chloe because it'd be better for her

Boyce: Yeah. I said that buuutttt I don't think I'm ready

Jones: So, Cameron, when do you think you'll be ready?

Boyce: Is never a good answer?

Jones: No, but it's an answer.

Boyce: Okay, Jones. I'll be straight up. I don't know. If I could have it my way, I'd have them both.

Jones: Are you implying that monogamy isn't for you?

Boyce: No, I'm implying that not being with China isn't for me. I don't know why I'm like this.

Jones: Then be with China. You said just last week you're not even sure about your feelings towards Chloe. But you're very sure about how you feel about China.

Boyce: That's the thing! I already know I'm in love with China. My feelings for her eclipses my entire dating life. I have no problem saying that- to you- but that's all the more reason to venture out and see other people, yeah?

Jones: What?

Boyce: Hear me out. China's a sure thing. But what if I'm letting that get in the way of potential mates. How could I possibly know if I completely root myself in China? I mean worst-case scenario: I'm wrong, China is bae, we wed, I knock her up, the end.

Jones: So, let me get this right. You want China to linger on a leash until you're done dating around and if you don't find someone else then you'll lock it down?