THE WAY LIFE GOES .6

I KNOW YOU'RE SAD AND TIRED, YOU'VE GOT NOTHING LEFT TO GIVE

YOU'LL FIND ANOTHER LIFE TO LIVE

I KNOW THAT YOU'LL GET OVER IT

"Go ahead and put your stuff in the third guest room to the left," Cameron said as he locked the door behind he and his childhood friend, Taj.

"Third guest room? Shit!" Taj said lugging his suitcase. "Y'all got an elevator in this bitch too I need to know about?"

"No," he laughed. "I'll be down in the basement."

Cameron took off his hat and made his way down to his "man cave". He opened up his mini-fridge and took out about 6 beers. He then went into his snack cabinet for a few bags of chips.

"Alexa, play some Craig Mack." He said, opening up his spicy chips first.

"Alright, alright," Taj jogged down the stairs with a small baggie in his hand. "Time to celebrate,"

"I know that's not what I think it is," Cameron frowned.

"It's weed," Taj said plainly, sitting down on the couch.

"How'd you even get that across the country?"

"Uh, in my checked bag. Duh, nigga."

"I me- that's- it's illeg- okay," Cameron shook his head. "Whatever. But you know I don't fuck with that shit no more."

"Oh, come on. It's marijuana. Nothing like that shit you were on in college." He laughed. "You were going on full-blown acid trips- letting your white side run rampant- now you acting like a little bud gon kill you."

Cameron thought about it for a second and sighed. "Did you close the door?"

"And locked it," Taj sat back and lit the first blunt.

Three splifs and all six beers later, both boys were on the floor, on their backs staring at the red ceiling.

"Yo," Taj coughed. "Who that thick bitch that be commenting on all y'all shit? Tibby? Taffy?"

"Tabby?" Cameron laughed. "Tabitha. She uh... works for me now.

"Define work,"

"You know exactly what I mean so stop playing," Cameron smiled.

"Okay, how y'all do it? Like, what's the setup?"

"It's just like... we see someone we want to have sex with. We send a picture and we get approval. Then that's it."

"Any rules?"

"Yeah. No kissing. No rawing. Monthly check-ups. No 3somes."

"So you be fucking other girls... and she be with other dudes? And y'all okay with that?"

"Yeah. For now."

"So y'all not going to do the open thing while y'all married?"

"No,"

"Do she know that?"

"I would hope we wouldn't need to say it. But you got a point. I'll mention it."

"Aye, why Sophie call your ass out on the gram?" Taj chuckled, passing the blunt over to Cameron. He was looking at his phone and laughing throughout the entire smoke session.

Cameron took out his own phone and opened up the app. He smiled at the picture Tiffanie posted but then frowned at the comments.

"You're fucking kidding me." He mumbled.