8. you gotta be

lovers, they may cause you tears
go ahead release your fears
stand up and be counted
don't be ashamed to cry

"A-p-p-l.... E?"

"Yup," Tiffanie nodded. "This one is a little harder because of the silent e we talked about yesterday,"

"Ap-ple? Like a apple that you eat?" Cameron looked between Doctor Josephine and Tiffanie for confirmation.

"Yes, good job Cameron," Josephine ran her palm through his hair softly. "I'm going to go talk to some people and I'll be right back. Okay?"

Cameron nodded and went on with his reading lesson with Tiffanie. The doctor left his hospital room and met up with Libby, Victor, Zendaya, and China. He'd been there for about two weeks and was relearning basic motor skills. It was going by smoothly for the most part but when it came down to speaking he got a little frustrated with the fact that he couldn't find the words to get his point across.

"I think he's ready," Josephine nodded. "He can walk now which is good. It only took him a few tries. He can talk but his grammar and sentence structure aren't all there. Learning to read again is proving to be a little hard but that may come with time. The most important things right now are to make sure he isn't stressed and to keep him in familiar, calm surroundings."

"Definitely can't go back to his new house then," Victor sighed and crossed his arms.

"Oh man, he grew up in LA, didn't he?" The doctor asked, sighing almost.

"Yeah and we won't be able to get him through the airport without possibly confusing him," Libby looked at Victor.

"His plane," China chimed in. "His private plane is parked at LGA, I wonder if we can charter it last minute. That way you guys can skip the airport and just go right through the hangar."

"Right, I forgot about that. I'll call Jada now," Libby took out her phone and walked away for a bit.

"That would be perfect," Jose nodded and pulled Cameron's thick folder from behind her back. "Now time for the bad news. Cameron still doesn't remember any of you and he hasn't grasped the concept of parents yet. But he does take a liking to you all. Libby specifically. He feels the connection there but can't put his finger on it. So until he gets it, I suggest still going by first names. Let him come into the fact that you're his father on his own,"

Victor took a deep breath. "Okay,"

"Also he wakes up from his naps and sometimes forgets what's going on, you might have to constantly remind him of the accident. Simply say "Cameron, you were in an accident and you lost your memory". Nothing more nothing less until he asks. He's been pretty content with just that answer though. Just don't give him too much information."

"Do you know how long it'll be before he remembers again?"

"Unfortunately, that's the one thing I can't predict. That's why it's preferred that he's surrounded with familiarity. And I know this may be hard but please don't bombard him with questions that begin with "do you remember". He's aware that he's lost his memory and that's stressful enough because he knows he's supposed to be remembering things but isn't. Just let his brain do its own healing."