The End: Forever Boy

you showed me what it means to be happy ever after in love forever and you gave me the key to all your love and all your pleasure boy, you're my treasure
you're my forever, boy

A leggy, curly-headed 18-year-old burst through the doors of a home she knew all too well. It was one of many keys on her key ring. Each key opened a door to one of the homes of her uncles and aunts. She had many aunts and uncles- some blood, some not. Thus, she hand many keys. So many she had to color coordinate them all. Only one other person had this privlage and it was simply because they were the oldest.

"Elisha, what I tell you about running in my damn house?" China asked from the dinning table, never adverting her eyes from her computer screen.

"Sorry, Auntie! Carma in her room?" she asked, gripping the straps of her mini backpack.

"She's in her daddy's office."

"Thank you!" Elisha lightly jogged up the winding staircase and made her way down the deep hall.

She followed the stern voice of her uncle who appeared to be lecturing Carma about something- probably boys. She stepped closer, careful not to make a sound.

She was right.

"Button, I'm serious. You think you're fine and you think you have it all under control then next thing you know, you don't and you're pregnant."

"Daddy!"

"Just promise me you'll talk to someone first. Even if it's not me. I know you look up to Elisha and seeing her in a serious relationship might spark curiosity-"

"Don't you worry, Uncle Cam. I'll teach Carma Jo all about Plan B and the pullout method!" Elisha said, stepping into the room at the perfect moment.

"You'll what?!"

"I'm kidding!" Elisha rolled her eyes. "I'll make sure her and Stevie don't get into any shenanigans at the campsite tonight."

"You better not get into any shenanigans either, ma'am." Cameron said, speaking twice as stern because Elisha was the hard-headed one.

"I won't. I'm not stupid! Now, come on. We're going to be late, Carma!"

Carma stood up and threw her Nike duffle over her shoulder. "Okay. Bye Daddy. Love you. I'll be back early."

"Where are you guys headed first again? The school?" China asked, sneaking up behind them.

"Yes, Moma. We're going to read Aunt Sophie's book to the summer writers group." Carma smiled.

"Oh God," China and Cameron groaned at the same time.

"What? It's a good book!" Elisha teased. "I love the part where I make my debut in the middle of the original Mica Entertainment building. Such a historic moment, that was."

"Please get out my house." Cameron said blankly.

"Okay, bye!" Elisha grabbed Carma's hand and dragged her out of the office.

Once he heard the front door close, Cameron looked over at China. "Taking a break from work?"

"Yup,"

Cameron stood up, walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her neck. She smiled and wrapped hers around his torso.

"So," he kissed her lips. "Anniversary's coming up. What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know. You pick something. You know I've never been good at that stuff. You're the planner in this dynamic,"

"Okay, well, I booked us a cabin stay in Aspen for the last week of June."