THIS WOMAN'S WORK .5

ALL THE THINGS I SHOULD'VE SAID THAT I NEVER SAID

ALL THE THINGS WE SHOULD'VE DONE THOUGH WE NEVER DID

ALL THE THINGS I SHOULD'VE GIVEN BUT I DIDN'T

China was almost bored to tears as she watched her movie finish burning after three days of rendering. She could have muffled Amanda for making them do that shit over. But once it was finally done she took out the DVD and wrapped it up in an envelope. "Hey, Ja-" China stood up and peeked over her cubical to see that Jada wasn't there yet.

China looked over at Lauryn, who was sitting an empty cubical next to her and tried to hand her the DVD. "Go give this to Cameron or Tiffanie,"

"You a grown-ass woman," Lauryn said not even looking up from her phone, her feet kicked up on the desk comfortably.

"Jesus, give me strength," China sighed before standing up and dragging her feet over to Tiffanie and Cameron's office. When she got there, the door was slightly cracked allowing her to hear things she didn't care too.

"That's your girl? She mad pretty." some girl said.

"I know. She'll be here in a few so you can meet her. I think you two would get along." Cameron chuckled.

China rolled her eyes and walked into the office like she owned it. "Here. There's my movie with your stupid logo on it."

China tossed the envelope on his desk from afar and turned to leave.

"You mean the logo you designed?" Cameron laughed.

"Yeah, that one." She said through her teeth.

"Don't worry it'll be changed soon. That's going to be Tabitha's first job."

China turned around with a tight smile. "Hello, I'm China. Nice to meet you,"

"Nice to meet you too," Tabitha shook her hand shyly, feeling the tension thicken in the room.

"Glad to have you here. You are... very pretty, " China smiled for real and nodded before leaving the office. She passed Tiffanie on the way out and fought her yearning to shoulder check her.

"Cammy, I- oh, you must be Tabitha." Tiffanie smiled.

"Yes! Hi, Tiffanie. so nice to finally meet you. Cameron was just telling me such great things about you." Tabitha stuck out her hand excitedly.

"Same. Cameron's told me so much about you and the NYU days," she said shaking her hand slowly, her fingers lingering just before they let go.

Cameron took notice and smiled. "Show her around the building, Kitty. And make sure you show her her new office."

"Of course. Let's go,"

Tabitha followed Tiffanie out and Cameron trailed behind though he was going in a different direction. He heard Lauryn's voice from around the corner and decided to follow the sound of The McClain sisters talking.

"I don't care if you invite him and InstaThot. It's your wedding." China said digging into what appeared to be her breakfast.

"You sure? I'm inviting Maya, her husband, auntie Libby, and uncle Vic. I'll feel weird-"

"Listen, I'm going to be too busy taking pictures in that sexy ass bridesmaids dress to care."

"Okay. Maybe I just won't give Cam a plus on-" Lauryn froze and looked at Cameron as he passed by. "Heeeeeeyyyy,"

"If you don't want Tiffanie there then I won't bring her. She doesn't know you anyway." Cameron shrugged.

"It's fine!" Lauryn blurted out.