Meeting Familiar Faces

The boys finished shopping and getting the medication for Edd when Tom saw a girl walking by. He knew that girl, she's one of his many ex's that he still talk to. About almost quarter amount of the girls in town are his ex's and the other quarter is Matt's.

Tom's on the best terms with most of his ex's....except....one. But, he doesn't want to talk about that.

This Ex, however, he talks to almost regularly. She is slightly shorter than him and has curly hair. She wore a dark red-pink colored beanie and had a scarf that she always wore.

He grinned at her as they get closer and raised his hand up to wave.

Matt stared at his goofy expression, reminded of someone he didn't want to think about

Matt stared at his goofy expression, reminded of someone he didn't want to think about. It felt odd to see such a look on his always rude friend. He got worried that he was also sick.

He briefly wondered if it was contagious...

"Hey Stacy!"

"Hi!"

Stacy's voice surprised Matt and the other people near them on the sidewalk. They stopped to stare at the talking pair.

"Same old Stacy and your man voice!", Tom smiled.

"What-"

"Anyways, Stacy! It's nice to see you again, how are you?"

"Oh, I'm doing well. My pet lizard is a little sick though."

"Oh, that's sad to hear. My friend, Edd, you remember him? He's sick too. Me and Matt, here, just got him some medicine. Right, Matt?"

Both Stacy and Tom turned to Matt, who was not prepared to enter the conversation. He hesitated to nodded and tried to distract them and himself by taking a mirror out and hope they ignore him.

It worked.

Oh thank goodness...

"So, Stacy, I have get going now. See you on Monday when we have dance class!"

"Bye, Tom!"

He watched her leave before turning a round and walking home with Matt, who lowered his mirror and put it in his jacket pocket.

"....Hey, uh, Talm? Who was that?"

"That's Stacy, you don't remember her? I was so sure you'd remember her at least, because of her voice."

" Yeah, you'd think I'd remember that, huh?", Matt laughed softly.

"

Stacy is one of my many Ex's that lasted longer than some. Usually my Ex's last about a month or three. She lasted four months. Some of my recent Ex's lasted longer than the old ones."

"....Are you okay?"

"...."

"How come no one stays?"