Morning Buzz

A bursting scream shakes the small, sound proof room. Dripping sweat pours down his neck and cling to his night clothes. Heavy pants cover the air and his wide eyes frantically search a round him in desperation.

Eventually his stomach started twisting the more he searched. He begins to curl into himself, resting his arms across his abdomen and one eye open. He griminess at the thought of eating.

The young man, Tom, gets up and quickly goes into the bathroom

The young man, Tom, gets up and quickly goes into the bathroom. He then emptied his stomach, despite not having anything come out. He continued to heave regardless.

----------------

Eventually, he calmed down to ready himself for the day. A show and a change of clothes; then he was done. His hair was left alone for it was a rouge in many ways.

Tom didn't want to get out of the house at the moment and wasn't needed for most of the day, so he went to the fridge and opened a bottle of his alcohol of choice. One big gulp and he takes it to the living room. There, he sits near the fire escape with the window open.

After surveying the room, he lets his mind wander as he gazes into the vast city landscape

If I wasn't born, would he still be alive?

Did he leave because I pushed him a way?

Does he care about me?

What would she think if she saw me like this?

Would she still be proud?

Why do the people I love, hurt me?

Or leave me?

Is Love too good for me to have?

Puzzled thoughts drift in and out at random. Mixing and matching others; skipping from one train of thought to another. He thinks about one to another, and another. All the while, he barely lifts the bottle to his lips.

He sighs and stands, leaving his revelry to be a function person of society. He places the rest of his drink in the fridge.

"Sit there and please stay. At least until I come back....no one ever stays, not even you my little paradise."

Once he has finished listening to the stillness of the apartment, he fixates on the front door. Waiting for something....someone...anything....

Nothing happened; he opened the door.

Looking at one end to the other end of the hall, nothing there.

He closes the front door and walks to Edd's apartment. He knocks on the door, but no one answered.

He takes a spare key and opens the door. He pops his head in.

"Edd?", he calls out.

Quiet before a small groan alerts him to the bed room. Opening it, he watches Edd clear his stomach with Ringo pacing a round the room.

"Is it soon?"

"Not yet."

"When?"

"...I don't want to talk about it."

Tom continues to watch as nothing comes out. Edd continues like Tom did before in his bathroom. A meow or two cuts into the quiet.

"Want medicine?"

"It helps."

----------------------------

Ringo watches Ringo's masters talk. It's about the sickness. The sickness never goes a way. Both masters have a version of the sickness.

Why does it have to be the ones I love?

I don't want to lose my family....my home...

If Ringo could cry, Ringo would. Ringo glides up to the masters and smoothly jumps in between them. Ringo purrs and paws them both; they cry.

They hug with Ringo in the middle. Ringo doesn't like this. Ringo wants to help, but Ringo is a cat.

Cat's can't cure sickness of any kind, but they can help ease the heart. Band aids on scars and tears, before saying farewell.

--------------------

This is short.

That is a statement.

This is goodbye.

Wait for the next chapter.