The Wards

With the king finally at peace and with his friends, Jack turns his attention to Cheyenne and company, and they are taking quite the beating from the insane Eggman.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! IT'S NO USE!" Eggman screams as he forms hands made of the same ruby as the one in his mech! "TAKE THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS! AND THIS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" He yells manically as he begins trying to squash Cheyenne and company with the fists!

"Snap out of it Eggman!" Jack shouts as he fires his wrist cannons, only for a ruby fist to nail him!

"Jack!" Emily shouts as she watches him fall. Emily then rushes over and makes sure he's alright before looking at the mech. "Wait... Those cables..."

"I think they're powering the mech!" Jack says in realization.  "But how are we going to cut them?! my claws won't do it!"

"But maybe Cheyenne can do something!" Emily says as as she pulls Cheyenne and Devin out of harm's way.

"DIE!" Eggman screams as he fires off more missiles, and Jack blasts them out of the air as Emily discusses a plan.

"Devin, once Eggman discharges his electricity he'll be vulnerable. Throw Cheyenne into him hard enough and I think it'll dislodge the cables connected to his mech! If we cut them all he'll be powerless!"

"Right!" Devin shouts as Eggman discharges his electricity and Cheyenne curls up into a ball. "Take this egghead!" Devin shouts as he throws Cheyenne and she slams into Eggman as she discharges her own electricity, and two of the cables come loose! There the damage is evident as Eggman's mech jumps more slowly and he lacks the speed he had before! He then discharges more electricity to try and catch the group, and Cheyenne is thrown into Eggman once more! Finally the last two cables come loose and the ruby goes flying, only for Jack to catch it.

"Got it!" Jack shouts as Devin destroys the now powerless mech and the doctor crawls out of the wreckage. Suddenly the orange warning lights turn red and another siren goes off as Eggman slowly holds his head and looks at the group in confusion.

"Ugh... What happened?" Eggman mumbles, and then Emily hears explosions!

"We'll have time for questions later! The whole place is coming down!" Emily shouts.

"It IS! Let's go!" Eggman shouts as the group of five heads for an exit and the group sees a rocket sled! "That's our best bet! Let's get out of here!" He shouts as everyone gets on the sled fires up! In less than a second the sled shoots forward with even more speed than before and eventually it flies off, escaping the destruction of Eggman's base as it buries the broken robots in the rubble, and the group crashes somewhere in the factory that led to the base. Jack still has the strange red ruby that caused Eggman's insanity, and he looks at it strangely.

"This was what was making you insane." Jack says as he displays the ruby to Eggman. "You turned me into a robot just to serve you, and even then I still noticed you going mad. You never programmed me to intervene so I couldn't do anything."

"My god... I did that?!" Eggman asks, realizing just what he had done. "I know I'm a mad scientist, but I could never turn one of my own kind into... Well... YOU... I shouldn't have used that ruby to start. As a fellow human you have my deepest apologies."

"We aren't even from this world." Cheyenne says. "We're from a different world."

"So you haven't seen a blue hedgehog? Or a twin tailed fox? Or a red echidna at all whatsoever?" Eggman asks.

"Not at all." Jack replies.

"Well, at least my base was the only thing that was destroyed." Eggman says. "It seems like as soon as you got the ruby out of my grasp, my sanity returned to normal, but I don't trust that thing so please don't give it to me. If we can build a one way portal in this factory, that would probably give you the means to go back to your world."

"Sounds like a plan." Emily replies as she and Eggman get to work.