My first writing!(B2)

CEFR B2

A writing contest had just taken place in your city, and you decide to enter. Your story must end with this sentence:

...And that was the end of a very disappointing day.

Write your story.

A Very Disappointing Day

It was a dull, rainy day. Big, heavy raindrops kept falling noisily on Paul's roof, pulling him back from his blissful dream. He was annoyed by being woken in the middle of the night because of the sudden showers, but what could he do? Feeling both depressed and angry, he flopped back into his bed and slept again.

After some time, he woke up, opened his eyes, feeling better this time. He stretched and yawned, got dressed, and looked at the clock. Ten-thirty! He had a date with his girlfriend at twelve o'clock! He leaped up, cooked and had his breakfast (slightly burnt) quickly, and rushed into his car and started it, but it just gave an odd creaking sound and stopped dead at his garage. "Damn it!" He smashed the steering wheel and yelled furiously, making the windows of the car rattle. "How could this happen to me?" He jumped out of the car and, wasted no time, ran to the restaurant as fast as he could.

After a while, he finally reached The Divine, a restaurant which was infamous for its expensive price and celebrated customers. "S...sorry...sorry, I'm late." "For one and a half hour!" His girlfriend, Mary, burst out angrily. "Do you know how I feel, waiting for a time procrastinator like you to finally come here?" Paul suddenly didn't know what to say. "Now can we eat?" She said, still angry. Between Mary's loud yells, Paul and Mary had their uncomfortable and horrible lunch. The chicken was as hard as steel, the tea tasted like oil, and the pork was undercooked, like rubber. Finally, they ate their lunch and Paul wanted to pay for the bill to make a good impression. After he put his hand in his pocket he discovered that his wallet was gone! Or maybe, stolen! Then he realized that he left it in his house. How could he be so forgetful! Finally, he made up his mind and asked: "Uh......Mary, I usually don't do this, but can you pay the bill for me? I will appreciate it. Really." "For God's sake!" roared Mary, angrier than before, "I am your girlfriend, not your servant! How could you do this? It is you who should pay the bill!" She stormed out of the restaurant. And there left Paul, speechless, with the bill in front of him, and that was the end of a very disappointing day.

* This is my very first story.

* Swearing is DEFINITELY NOT ALLOWED in all Cambridge writing tests. Bad example, sorry.