Do you prefer to eat out or cook at home?(B2)

CEFR B2

Some people like to eat in restaurants and at food stands, while others like to eat at home. Which do you prefer? Give reasons and examples to support your choice.

Write your article.

Do you prefer to eat out or cook at home?

Where to eat is a common dilemma each person faces in daily life. Many people like eating out, especially in restaurants, as they can enjoy various types of cuisines in an attractive environment and pleasant atmosphere. They may state that eating out is more convenient that way. However, others prefer to cook at home as they believe this is healthier and time and money-saving. As for me, I prefer to cook at home as I think eating at home has a lot of advantages.

First of all, eating in restaurants is much more expensive than preparing food at home. Even in a normal restaurant, it would be costly compared to cooking at home. People could make the same food by buying fresh ingredients and cook at home spending less money.

Secondly, eating at home is healthier. As far as I'm concerned, places like fast-food restaurants do not offer healthy food. Their food often contains high amounts of fat and sugar, which is harmful if you aim to be healthy and in shape. On the other hand, eating at home allows us to have a choice in choosing healthier food instead of the greasy ones we often find in restaurants. I will not only stay in shape but also enhance my self-confidence. When I am in shape and have a healthy and built body, people will have a better impression of me.

Thirdly, eating at home is more enjoyable. When I cook at home, I can cook what I like and have fun in it. After that, I can have my meal while I'm watching television or listening to music rather than driving downtown in heavy traffic. Moreover, finding a parking place is great trouble. Occasionally, it takes a long time for me to secure a parking space near the restaurant. Furthermore, I can use the time of going to the restaurant and back to do other things, like reading a good book or relax a bit.

In short, I think that eating at home is a better choice for me as it is cheaper, healthier, more convenient, and more fun. I would definitely choose cooking at home over eating out.

* Eating outside is getting more and more expensive these days... Fortunately I know how to cook.