IELTS Summary Example-Pie Chart

For IELTS

Topic not given

The given pie chart demonstrates the frequency of Taiwanese high school students' exercises after school. Units are measured in percentages.

According to the chart given, the norm of high school students doesn't exercise often as 38% of the students surveyed suggested that they haven't gone out and about in a week or more. Subsequently, 23% of the students replied that they exercise at least once a week. The percentages begin to decline as 18% of the people asked exercise twice a week and 15% of the students exercise three times a week. Only 8% exercise four times a week, while only a mere 4% of students exercise five times a week or more.

One predominant reason for this widespread phenomenon is that most high school students have extremely little time to exercise outside school hours. They stay at school until 6 p.m., and sometimes as late as 9 p.m. furthermore, they consume even more time attending cram schools or scribbling away homework. 

Consequently, students may be so exhausted that they may prefer to engage in activities that are less labor-intensive and time-efficient in their leisure time, for instance indulging in video games rather than hitting the gym, let alone a full training session or a two-kilometer run. An outcome of not exercising often is that more and more teenagers will be overweight or obese, resulting in health problems afterward. Another additional effect of not exercising often is that students will have less energy in class due to sleeping difficulties.

Exercising regularly keeps us healthy and gives us enough energy to face the challenges in life. Therefore, no matter how busy students are, it is essential that they spare some time to exercise.

*It doesn't take much effort to list everything out, so try not to focus too much on that and spend your time discussing why at the end, or just rush that part altogether and focus on task two.