You?!

= three =

As you and Ara chatted and walked towards the coffee shop, you started feeling better. It was as if you were recovering from all the fatigue you had experienced. You didn't know how that was happening, but you guessed that the outdoor air was helping you. As you neared the café, you suddenly felt energetic, your heart beating faster than usual. You were still confused as you stood in front of the door, contemplating what was happening to you.

"Y/n? Something wrong?" Ara asked, concerned. "Huh? Oh, nothing, it's just the weakness..." You were, if course, lying, but you didn't know what to say to her either. As you walked inside, you knew something was definitely weird about the way you were feeling. And suddenly, it struck you. "Ara, listen. If this soulmate stuff is real, I think he's here." Ara stood there, shocked. "What? You mean, really? Is that why you zoned out?" She asked excitedly. You nodded in response. You took your cup of coffee and chose to sit at a table by the wall, next to two men. They wore dust masks and seemed to be trying there best to hide their faces. Weird.

One of them, a guy with notably wide shoulders, flinched as you sat down. His weird behaviour amused you. And then, you realised that those weird feelings were now stronger than ever. Could he possibly be that guy? Ara soon came to you with her cup of coffee, and immediately noticed that something was off.
"Y/n, I think you need to find that guy soon. I can't see you being this weird all day. If he is really your soulmate, you could at least talk to him about it and get the weight off your shoulders. Bruised shoulder, that is." "Okay, but how do I even find him? I haven't got even a single clue as to who he is. It isn't that easy." You retorted and sighed.

(Jin's POV)

I had suddenly started to feel revived when I entered the coffee shop. Was she here? I couldn't help but be curious as to who she was. I had just caught a glimpse of her face that morning. I just wanted to get to know her a bit more if she was actually my soulmate. We could still live on a friendly note, right? Soon, two girls walked into the café, and that weird, energetic feeling grew stronger. It was one of the two girls then. I wasn't able to take a look at their faces. Suddenly, I started to get nervous at the thought of meeting my soulmate. What was she like? Does she already know me?

One of them sat down behind me at the table next to us, and the feeling grew stronger than ever. I had this sudden urge to turn around and talk to her, but considering my public identity, I had to restrict myself. Soon the other girl came to the table too.
"Y/n, I think you need to find that guy soon. I can't see you being this weird all day. If he is really your soulmate, you could at least talk to him about it and get the weight off your shoulders. Bruised shoulder, that is." She was saying. And the mention of bruised shoulders was enough to confirm my doubts.

(End of POV)

Suddenly, the wide-shoulder guy turned around. "Did you say something about bruised shoulders?" He asked. Okay, so this guy was probably eavesdropping. But the moment you looked into his eyes, you knew it. "You're the same guy whom I bumped into that morning, right?" You asked, shocked. "Yeah" he replied. His voice sounded familiar, and his eyes were studying your face closely. Well, that was intimidating. The other guy had been listening to your conversation, shocked.

"Uhm, girls, can we talk to you for a sec? Outside this café?" Another familiar voice. But you couldn't put a finger on why they sounded so familiar. Ara had been watching all along, and she signalled to you to agree. You nodded at the guy, and the four of you walked out of the café. The wide-shoulder guy sighed heavily as soon as you all were out. "Can we go to some place more private, Namjoon. We can't remove our masks out here." Wait. Namjoon?! As in Kim Namjoon of BTS? That wasn't real.

Namjoon noticed the confused look on your face. "Looks like this is gonna get really complicated. Girls, would you mind getting into this car with us?" He asked. "Wait. We can't just trust two random guys." You said. "You pretty much know that I'm not a random guy. You know who I am. Trust me, I just want to talk to you." The other guy said now, staring at you. You sighed and looked at Ara for an answer. Could this get any worse? She seemed to be contemplating on what to do. "He's right, Y/n. Let's trust them this once." She finally said, and you agreed.

The car ride was really silent and creepy, and the wide-shoulder guy was driving, not even saying a word. He finally stopped in front of a big building. Bighit Entertainment. What?! Were these two guys... probably.... from BTS? That didn't make sense at all to you. Ara was as shocked as you. "Uhm, why are we here?" She questioned. "This is our private place." Namjoon replied. Both of them led you and Ara inside. You got a few stares from the staff around, but you were too shocked to think about that. This was unreal. You, a nobody, landing at Bighit Entertainment, the company behind the world's biggest boy-band.

They led you to an empty room, and finally, it was showtime.
The wide-shoulder guy removed his mask, leaving you paralysed with shock.
Kim Seokjin. Worldwide Handsome. Right in front of you. Probably your soulmate. A dream. It was all to much.
"Someone tell me this is just a dream." Ara half-whispered. Namjoon, who had also removed his mask, said "Well, it isn't. I guess we should leave these two to talk." He signalled Ara to follow him as they both left the two of you alone in the room.

You were still gaping at him, dazed. "Hey. Stop staring at me like that please." He said, and you snapped out of the daze. He removed his coat, revealing a tank top and a bruised shoulder, just like yours. "Would you mind showing me yours?" He asked. You weren't wearing a tank top like him, and you find it embarrassing to reveal your shoulder. He probably noticed that you were uncomfortable. "Don't worry. I just want to confirm my doubts. I don't have any other intentions." You weren't aware of what intentions he was talking about, but you hesitantly pulled the right sleeve of your t-shirt, revealing the purple bruise.

His eyes widened, and you pulled your t-shirt back in place. "So.... We're soulmates." He sighed. You still couldn't believe it, but you hummed in response. Maybe Ara should become a fortune teller after all. Before you could gather the courage to say anything, he started speaking. "Look, I'm sorry but I can't possibly be involved with a girl. You know what I mean? I'm an idol, that too known around the world. If people find about you, they'll not only pounce on me, but you too. I don't want someone else to face hate because of me. It would be better if we just remain friends for the time being."

Simple, straightforward, harsh. That's how it sounded. Clearly, you were just somebody else to him. It kinda hurt you that he didn't want anything to do with you, but you weren't some crazy fangirl for sure. You understood his situation. "You understand my point of view, right? Look, I'm really sorry but I can't sacrifice my career and yours too for this soulmate bond thing." He said again, his eyes pleading you to agree to him. You nodded "I completely understand. I know it'll be dangerous for the both of us." He smiled at your reply.

He asked for your phone, and typed his number into it, while you did the same. "I've just met you, but I trust you enough not to reveal this number to anyone else. You know what can happen, right?" You nodded. Somehow, this conversation took a toll on you. You didn't want to stand in the same room as him anymore. He said you could be friends, but he clearly wasn't even interested in knowing you. Yes, you felt hurt. But you it was for your betterment. And his too. You bade him goodbye and hastily left the room, Ara running after you.

"What just happened in there?" She asked once you both were out of the building and on your way home in a taxi arranged for by Namjoon. You sighed.

"I just got rejected by my soulmate."