Emergency

== thirty-four ==

After a considerably awkward ride back to the hotel and half an hour of dinnertime filled with dubious glances at the grumpy man who was supposed to be the highlight of the day,
everyone was ready to get some rest for the night.

You had chosen not to stay with them and contribute to the disappointment your soulmate was suffering from and darted back to your room as soon as you stepped out of your car.
After wishing everyone a good night, of course.

You were welcome by a rather unbothered roommate, eyes glued to the book in her hands as you shuffled into the dimly lit room.

"You're gonna hurt your eyes if you're trying read in here." You mumbled, flipping on the switch to the main light.

Her head immediately shot up as she heard the exhaustion in your voice, and she carefully placed the book aside on the night stand by her bed.

You sighed, realising that your efforts to brighten up the space, if not your mood, had gone in vain.

"Oh wow, you look even more tired than the boys do after a whole day of practice. Is something the matter?"

Slumping down on your bed, you grimaced as you remembered all that had happened a few hours earlier.

"I kinda messed up." Was all you could reply with.

"I'd like you to elaborate on what that is supposed to mean, dear." She enquired, folding her arms.

"But first of all, stop wiggling your toes like that and lift your head up." Soeun commanded, and you frowned as you looked up at her.

The last thing you needed at the moment was yet another person after Ara calling you out for wiggling your toes whenever you were worried about something.

You didn't really have an explanation for why you did that.
And even if you did, they'd never understand.

But you pushed those thoughts aside for now because you wanted to let it all out to the her.

"Well, it's just that he confessed to me today and-"

"And?"

"and...... He's currently being grumpy because I didn't say anything in return."

Soeun's shoulders sunk upon hearing that, and she shook her head at you.

"Do not tell me you just stood there like a rock while his brain formulated the worst conclusion and he walked away?"

You faltered for a moment, realising you had done exactly that.

"Well, I wasn't.... really planning on telling you that."

A heavy sigh escaped her lips.

"Wow. You two really are a handful."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" You asked, frowning even harder at her statement.

"Because that's the truth, missy.

Ah, how are we going to handle it if another one of the seven soulmates pops up now? Will do nothing but add fuel to the fire." She facepalmed.

You wanted to argue that the other boys' relationships would probably be in a better state, but then you were in no position to do so and thus you decided to pay attention to your toes again.

Soeun got off the mattress
"I guess there's no solution to this except that you go to him and tell him that you like him back. RIGHT. NOW."

"I don't....think I'll be able to do that." You countered timidly, your head hung in embarrassment.

"I mean, I already messed up once toda-"

"I am not listening to any of your excuses dear. You must face the music." She dictated with a momentary fake smile instead, not bothering to hear you out.

You yourself knew that you were trying to escape the situation, thinking of silly get-outs even though you would inevitably have to sort it out with him sooner or later.

Soeun let out a small sigh, a rather pitiful but also tired one as she plopped down on the bed beside you. The sound of the sheets rustling filled the dim atmosphere of the brightly lit room as she adjusted herself to face you.

"Look, I know that's it's not going to be easy." She began. "But you have to understand, Y/N. You can't leave him on tenterhooks like that, and neither can you leave him to be disappointed in himself even when you reciprocate his feelings.

And honestly, I'm being selfish when I ask of you to clear up the mess because not only Seokjin is one of the celebrity musicians I work as a manager for, he's also someone I genuinely care about.
And you have seen how he tends to beat himself up over small things, right? So-"

The shrill sound of the telephone cut through your conversation and your roommate grunted, mumbling a something as she got up to take a look at the person who had dared to interrupt her.

"It definitely isn't for me, because I'd rather get a call on my phone if someone needed me." She declared after taking a glance at the number.

"And," she then looked at you she continued "it comes from Hoseok and Namjoon's room.

I had a list of their room's telephone numbers, just in case."

Your eyebrows shot up at that. Why would any of them be calling you at this hour?

"You mean they want to talk to me?" You enquired, though it was quite obvious.

She shrugged. "I presume you might not have exchanged numbers with them yet."

Oh right.

You reached out for the receiver, not bothering to stand up, and still managed to get hold of it.

It was Hoseok's jumpy voice that greeted you as soon as the speaker neared your ear.

"Y/N!" He boomed.

"Yeah?"

"Emergency meeting. In your room. Right now."

---

yeehaw wassup ma homies look who's back 🤠

yeah, right. your beloved clown, aka mE

and my sincere apologies for being so late yet again >.< college life is so fuked up that i've literally began to forget that i have a wp account oof.

anyway, halfway done through the next chapter too, so i'll update again when i manage to get through it huhu.

(p.s.: it's been a year since i published the first chapter of this story here on wattpad yayayayay.

i don't remember the exact date, but i think i published this au somewhere near the end of november and this story has come such a long way 🥺

i never imagined more than five people reading this piece of crap and i remember being extremely satisfied when i got the first 10 reads 🤡

seeing the number going up to nearly 140k now honestly makes me kinda emo because it's been a lovely journey and will continue to be, getting so much love from you guys.

it makes me believe that maybe i did improve as a writer after all, even though i'm still not that good, and that i have the ability to keep improving. i'm so grateful to have been able to interact with all of you and make friends like Y'ALL ARE SO LOVELY AND SWEET AND ENCOURAGING AND SUPPORTIVE I WANNA CRY

thankyou for everything 😭💜)

(p.p.s.: I AM NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT THE MMA PERFORMANCE BYE)