Stories

==twenty-seven==

"How is he now?" You asked Soeun, stretching out your legs as you sat on the bed, leaning on the headboard for support.

She shrugged.
"He's feeling a lot better now, I think. Mr. Sejin told us he saw him joking along with the other members when he went to check up on them an hour ago.

What about you? Do you want to have anything else?"

You immediately shook your head. "Nope, I'm good. I'm just wondering if he's-"

Soeun chuckled, interrupting you and you arched a brow at her actions.
"You know what, you're actually worse than I was twelve years ago."

You blinked, confused at her statement.

Twelve years ago? Wait-

"Yeah, I have a soulmate." She divulged, sensing your confusion. "We bonded twelve years ago, at the supermarket, and I was barely twenty-one back then."

You sat up, straightening your back, trying to pay more attention. If she had already found her soulmate such a long time back, then that explained why she was reassuring you so calmly all the time.

You really wanted to know if she had felt the same way as you after bonding with her soulmate, and if she had undergone through such pressure and dealt with all those tumultuous feelings. Or maybe, her story was different. But you wanted to listen to all of it.

She smiled at you, relaxing a bit in her chair. "I think I should tell you about us. It might probably help you."

Your eyes widened "Will you? Really? Thank you so much!"

She laughed again, amused at how you suddenly seemed more energetic upon getting the opportunity to discuss about soulmates.
"Calm down. Of course I will. Being someone who has experienced this exceptional phenomenon and one of the managers of your celebrity soulmate, this is probably the least I can do."

Her words brought a grateful smile to your lips, and realised how much most of the people around you had been supporting you.

You didn't know what you had expected, but the current situation was a lot better than whatever your mind had formulated.

The CEO himself supported the both of you, the boys supported the both of you and most of the staff understood your situations. Somewhere in the back of your mind, you were trying to prepare yourself for the worst case scenario, but surprisingly, that never happened. And you hoped it would stay that way.

"Ah come on, stop zoning out like that. You're scaring me. Here." She held up her phone to you, and you saw a picture of the woman in front of you smiling at the camera alongside another man who seemed to be about her age. He was smiling too, and you could see those wrinkles near his eyes.

Both of them are so similar.

"Good looking, isn't he?" She asked, pulling the device back to her as she swiped to another picture.