Friendship and Bonding

= seventeen =

"You're leaving in an hour?"

You hummed in reply, stuffing your laptop and other stuff hastily into your handbag.

"I still can't believe that my friend got so lucky. Getting to go with BTS on a world tour!"

Ara squeaked through the phone, and for a minute you considered not taking the pains to balance it between your ear and your shoulder if she was going to keep squealing like that.

"I wish Yoongi could've been your soulmate. At least I wouldn't have to be alone on the plane."

You replied, still upset over the thought of being away from her for the next few months.

She snorted, and you grimaced again.

She needs to stop making such annoying noises on the phone.

"Just because my random prophecy turned out to be true doesn't mean yours will.
And am I just worth being your company through the flight?
I never knew you thought this highly of me."

You rolled your eyes at her sarcasm, which she wasn't really good at portraying, finally freeing your hands from the luggage as you took charge of handling your phone, stretching your neck muscles.

"Come on, Ara. You suck at being sarcastic.

And you know you mean the world to me."

She scoffed playfully, and you waited for whatever remark she was going to make.

"Well, I don't think the last sentence of yours holds after you met him."

"You seriously have nothing else to do, huh?" You replied, trying to sound the least affected by her statement.

It's not like that affected you, though.

She chuckled, knowing that you would obviously not like her making that remark.

"Can't I even talk to my best friend before she's ditching me for at least two months to be with her worldwide handsome?"

[A/N: I wish]

You could picture her evil smile as she said those words and you groaned, settling on the couch as you stared at your luggage.

"Shut up, Ara. You're making me feel like I'm the bad guy."

She laughed heartily, enjoying how you were getting annoyed at her teasing you.

"Okay, I'm sorry. But you know I love you."

You smiled to yourself.
"I know you do."

"Hey! You could've at least said that back."

"That back?"
It was your turn to annoy her now, and it was working as she huffed, and you couldn't suppress the giggle that escaped your lips.

"Just kidding! I love you too.

Now will you spare my right ear and let me be upset over having to stay away from my annoying best friend?"

"Shut up. I don't want you to get upset. Ever.

But I like the idea of torturing your ears."

"I wish I could throw a brick at you through the phone right now." You deadpanned, and she chuckled yet again.