Chapter Eight

Meili
There were certain people I never trusted. My wife is the first on a list of many, like her mother she knew many tricks of deceit to work in her favor. She stood at the bank of the pond and watched Esme play with the small boat. "I searched for the two of you for hours," I said. I took a seat next to her and gently touched her cheek. "Appeared you two were hiding."
"It is hard to stay in my own home and listen to you fuck a slave." She whispered and moved my hand from her face.
"Here." I handed her the sweet biscuits I had taken for her. "Remember our time here when we were younger."
"I try to sometimes."
"We were young." I laughed and overlooked the sound of the resentment in her voice. "And we conquered together."
She took a bite of her sweet biscuit and shrugged her shoulders. "And that does not matter now, does it?"
"Eira, what will you have me say hmm? I do not wish to have this conversation with you each time that we speak. I wish to conduct our normal conversations. I wish for you to act like my wife."
"And I wish you would act like my husband." She stuffed the biscuit into my mouth and shook her head.
"Three children from her," I said. "That is all I wish."
"Three, you are a greedy man. And then what of her?"
I knew the real answer to the question, she'd be mine forever, but I doubted that was what she needed to hear. "We will see, but you are my queen... you understand that do you not?"
She scoffed. "I ask that of you?" Eira waded in the water to Esme and her toys. "Your father has promised to take you to the carpenter for new toys. Join him at the shore little lady." Eira wigged out of the dress and it floated beside her. "I will bathe and join you."
I watched her with a smile. "Cruel woman."
"Cruel husband."
Esme was a talker like me when I was younger. Her blonde curls bounced as she continued her speech about why she loved boats. "And another thing papa." She held my hand. "I like Eydis."
"Oh, you do?"
"She made me a blanket and a dress." She smiled.
"Well, have you thanked her?"
"I have."
"Good, maybe she will make you another."
I had not talked to Eydis in nearly a week. She bled, again. I worried perhaps that the gods had not fated us in the manner the Seidr had foreseen. I missed her. In glances I had passed her, I gave a cordial smile and I saw the hurt in her face as I denied speaking with her. Eira wanted boundaries, and Eydis was to be under her rule for months while the raids carried on.
"Stop," Birger called from his small hunt. "What gives me the privilege of seeing the King of Jutland and his little princess?"
"We've come for the toys!" Esme yelled.
"And I have them, Princess Esme. Come up."
We made our way up to the small hut and all around were his makings. Birger rarely found himself bored. I picked up the wooden sword from the stump. "May I have it?"
"You do not need to ask for anything, my friend." Birger chuckled and clunked around the small room to the wooden chest. "Inside of here are your toys. Take what you want."
Esme giggled and ran over to the chest and I took a seat at the table. "We are to raid here soon, are you excited?"

 "We are to raid here soon, are you excited?"

"Thrilled." He smirked. "I have not yet been given the honor to meet the woman who warms your bed?" Birger ran his fingers through his thick black beard. "It is all of Jutland that talk of her, she is kissed the by the sun, yeah?"
"She is." I beamed. "Birger, deep in the woods and still you hear the talk."
"Of course, I do And you have turned red to the thought of her, you are in trouble." Birger laughed, cleared his throat and leaned closer to me. "Everyone that is around you is not for you my friend, be wary of those closest to you."
"I will." I laughed. "I will."

Eydis
I'd made another dress for Esme. The small beads I had sewn onto the top seemed to be her favorite. She boasted that she liked the way they sounded when she walked. I was just pleased that she liked me. Her mother had taken particular spite that bit like a snake. One moment she loved me, the next I was an enemy.
Audhild poured the milk into the cauldron and then poured the barley, spices, and vegetables into the hot water. She often made stew and it had grown to be one of my favorites. "Stew and bread for the king." She giggled. "Inge has made fruit wine. Have you ever had any?"
"No."
"You will tonight."
"What is tonight?"
"Tonight Thorsten returns from England. And he is a very important man here in Jutland."
"Why?"
"Thorsten is the man who made Meili the King. It is said that without his help Meili would rule nothing. Meili owes him everything."
The thought of Meili owing someone seemed unreal. His presence in his Kingdom was powerful and well known. He had conquered kingdoms himself. My eyes closed as the flashes of the last time we spoke run through my mind. He thought I truly wanted Leidolf but that was not the case and now all I was given were polite smiles and waves as he carried on his duties. "It will be intriguing to see a warrior of his kind."
"You will see. He is a great man."
Audhild and I talked often, I even told her of my thoughts of Meili something I had not shared with anyone. It was hard to not have feelings for him. Every moment we spent together seemed to be destined in some way, yet I still had no idea what went on his mind. I knew nothing of what he thought of me, for every moment of kindness had an equal moment of his cruelty attached.
"Audhild, milk the goats and get prepare for our guest," Meili said from behind us.
Audhild gave a simple nod of her head and she left us alone. The two of us sat across from one another, my eyes lowered to the table. "King Meili."
"Eydis." He tore a piece of the bread. "How are you?"
"I am fine."
"Are you?" He asked.
"Yes."
"Eydis it has been two full moons and still you have bled." He explained. "I am to leave on the next full month and by then I expect you to be with child."
"Yes, my king."
"Stop saying yes." His hand touched mine and I glanced up at him.
"What am I to say?"
"More than yes."
"You have come to see me." I rushed. "It has been weeks, how am I to be with a child if you do not come to see me?"
"You are correct, you bled... did you not?"
"Two weeks ago." I felt whiny to beg for attention.
Meili cracked an arrogant smile. "I am here now. Perhaps the last time we together did not yield a child because it was in malice." He shook his head. "The gods did not agree a child should be brought into this world with the father having disdain for the mother." Meili stood and closed the door to the cooking chambers. "What do you think?"
"I do not know what the gods have in my mind."
He pulled me up to his chest. "Precisely." He stared up at me and his hand snaked up to my neck. Meili applied some pressure and lifted me up to him. My legs instinctively wrapped around his torso. His lips hesitantly touched mine. They were soft and eager but still uncertain. His tongue dove into my mouth and swirled. A pressed moan escaped as I tasted him and then he stopped. He tugged at my bottom lip and placed me on the floor. My heartbeat was against my chest. He smiled as he looked down on me. "I'm still going to fuck you rough." He whispered. "Make your wails so loud the entire kingdom will hear." I feel him stir on my thigh. "Is that you want Eydis?"
"Yes." I purred.
He slapped my hip and lifted the dress up to my thighs. "Tell me then, tell me and I will give it to you."
I'd never spoken in such a manner. My hands shook and my eyes closed. I concentrated on the rough pads of his fingers as the glided up my inner thigh to my mound. He traced circles up to my stomach and then to my breast. He gripped them and then I feel his soft lips on my breast. I arched into him with a sharp gasp as his teeth grazed over them and then he pinched. The pain was exquisite, it was something I had never felt before, the tantalizing thrill of pain as it met pleasure. Meili chuckled and repeated the action again and I feel myself moisten for him. "Tell me." He rumbled. His voice hummed my body. "I am going to ask you nicely once more.
"I want you to fuck me," I whispered. "Fill me with your child." My whispers melted into a mewl.
Meili lifted me from the ground and placed me onto the wooden table. "What shall I do to you first?" He was playful and light, a stark contrast to his behavior last time. He pushed two fingers into my warm pussy. He pumped them into me twice and then he left me empty. "No, I think I should eat you until you cry."
My hand gripped around his cock. "I want your cock," I begged. He stirred eagerly below me. The satisfaction seeped as he kissed me once again.
Meili tugged at his pants and unsheathed himself. There was no warning as he impaled me with his rigid cock. "I've been thinking about your warm cunt for weeks." He wasted no time as he started to fuck me at a punishing pace. He kissed me deeply. "I," He snapped into me again. "Don't," he groaned. "Think anyone has every felt netter than you, my pet."
He lifted my legs up so that they were around him and he goes faster. His hands tugged my hair. Every sensation was overwhelming and my mind raced. He was right, the more passion he added to the mix the more I wanted him. "Meili," I yelled for the first time rather than King. I cared but not enough to stop the screech of his name poured from my mouth. "Meili, I am cumming!" I screamed and thrust myself on him with a hunger I had never possessed before. "Oh fuck, gods!"
He continued to fuck into me, and he kissed me again. His stark blue eyes locked on mine. "Say my name again."
"Meili," I said in a frenzied state. "Harder! Meili, harder." He obliged and sent me into a euphoric state. My body tingled with gratitude and satisfaction. My scream echoed around us.
"That is right, let the whole fucking kingdom know who you belong to." He growled as he flinched inside of me. He pushed into me a few more times and shuttered as his cum filled me up.
"Thorsten has arrived my king," Inge said with a begrudged look on her face.
Meili panted. "I will be with him momentarily."

Eira
I waited on my throne for my husband to arrive. Thorsten the Great was a warrior that was well respected. But Meili respected no one. He stood before me. The blond hair pushed from his face and a grin plastered from it as the moans continued from the kitchen. "It is a pleasure to see you again Queen Eira."

"And you Thorsten, I have heard of your triumphant victories in West Anglia

"And you Thorsten, I have heard of your triumphant victories in West Anglia."
"All possible by the king's men." He pulled a stool up and took a seat. "I am still not quite entirely sure as to why I am here. My work is in the colonies back there."
"Meili has a plan." I shrugged. And I knew nothing of it. He rarely told me what went on in that mind. He emerged with disheveled hair that hung to his shoulders. His braids had been tugged out, presumably by the whore. "There is the King." I scoffed. "Late as always."
"Queen Eira." He nodded and then turned to Thorsten. "Thorsten the Great, honored to have you in my presence."
"Grateful to be here." He paused. "Why am I here?"
"Straight to the point." He laughed amicably. "I have taken a concubine and she is in need of a guard while I am away at raids. I trust no one better than I trust you."
My heart stopped as I stood. "Why is she in need of a guard! Why!"
"Shut your mouth," Meili warned. "Be seated and not a word!"
I stared at him and obeyed and they continued. Thorsten ran his fingers through his beard. "I actually would like to know why she is in need of a guard."
"It has come to my attention that her safety will be at risk while I am away. It will be a simple task because, like myself, people will never try you. I also want you to teach her to wield a sword." He picked up the wooden sword that had been on his seat. "Train her."
"I will do this for you, King." He nodded and gave me a smile. "I will take my leave. And will see you at sup." Thorsten strolled confidently out of the hall.
"Now you want her to be trained and guarded?"
"Yes. I will not argue. I will not listen to your endless whining. And I will take this time to remind you of something." Meili exhaled and then turned to me. His arms boxed me in. "You were a nothing, your family had been dishonored and I saw it fit to love you. I will do whatever the fuck I want to with Eydis and you will do her no harm." I roared. "You are a Queen, have some respect for your status or I will take it from you." Meili left the hall slamming the door behind him.
I ran. My feet led me into Esme's room. I gathered up the dresses and the fucking blankets she'd made and tossed them into the hearth in the great hall. The heat surged out and I fell to my knees. She'd make nothing else for us and while he was away I would make sure she knew that she was nothing here. Small footsteps approached from behind me. "What is it you want?"
"Nothing, my Queen," Eydis whispered. "I am sorry." She added.
"I do not need your apologies. Leave me."
"Yes, Queen Eira."
Minutes passed into hours and I watched the flames and he was here. Leidolf. "A queen shouldn't sit on the floor" He took my hand and lifted me from the floor. "Why are you down there?"
"Tired."
"There are ways to make him pay," He laughed. "And I will help you, okay?"
"Thank you."
"No need to thank me," He smiled. "I'll take pleasure in it."

Author's Note: Thank you again for reason my book!! Truly means the world to me! Thorsten is here! Literally oneof my favorite characters in the book! What do you think of Meili? Leidolf? Let me know what you think!! And if you read it  and liked it! Be sure to hit the star!!