last shot

Lisa.

I sigh waiting for him to make his decision that's taking too much of our time. It's almost 4 given that an hour and a half drive plus traffic really gets into my nerves. Theo's still torn between a purple fruit named grapes and to the yellow one mango.

"If you can't choose what you want, then better get both. You're taking too long buddy." I announce.

"I can take both?" He ask in surprise, little hands already reaching for the fruits.

I blink a lot, face palming myself for this was suppose too fast. Fifteen minutes or so for choosing was wasted only for him to take both.

"Does fruit salad contains that red fruit too?" He suddenly ask as his eyes darted to another stall of apples.

"As long as it's a fruit."

"How about that another yellow?"

I still wonder why he's calling the fruits by their colors. When in fact, he knows the name anyway.

"Theo, we can't waste much time."

"But I want to surprise papa, with a fruit salad."

"Its still not sure if he's coming to fetch you this day. And don't even start a statement 'I'll cook something for papa' because that's not happening. Not again. The last time I let you cook, was the same day the house almost fire down." His eyes darted again to stalls that I had to hold his little hand just in case he's being stubborn and starts walking without me. I even doubt if he's listening.

I put all the groceries at the back of the car. Theo's already in the front seat watching something on his iPod while I tuck the seatbelt around him.

"Fruit salad doesn't need to be cook." He stated. I started the engine while humming myself as an answer. "I'll make fruit salad today."

"You're not making anything." I got his attention as he put down the iPod, eyes twitching at my direction. I simply smirk at him.

"Fruit salad doesn't require fire. Just mixing all the ingredients." He lectured like a grown up man, when in fact. He's just a four year old boy. "So I can do it."

"Still a no buddy."

"But....

"You're just gonna waste the fruits. Let's just eat them and....

"I already watched 3 to 4 videos in YouTube how to make it. And it's easy. I can totally make it!"

"Hmmmm. No. Let a pro chef teach you. Learning by doing with a real chef guiding you is the best."

"But I can't wait for papa that long." He grumbles. "I want to make it today."

"He's literally going to get you tonight or tomorrow. That's just a few more hours to wait, Theo." I reprimanded. He's too stubborn sometimes. I wonder where he get all this traits, or it's just him being a brat. What can I say anyway. He was raised spoiled enough.

I put on the music in the car causing for him to grumble more.

This kid really! For a record , he doesn't like our song. My song! Except from Boombayah and Playing with fire. The rest, he said it was just a noise. Maybe because, he's more biased to other groups than ours.

"Play Red Velvet instead, please."

He's a Red Velvet fanatic. At least Red Velvet right? I can stand him somehow.

Thirty minutes later, he was asleep. Good thing we're never caught to the traffic. We escaped from the busy road not long enough. Peak hours, specially today is Friday. Another song played again and I can't help but to smile.