iii

Lisa

I watched the time slowly goes by. It's running so slow for some reason.

Jennie asked to be fetched coz she needs to send Kai and Kuma for their monthly check up, same to my Leo and Luca.

We agreed to this since last Sunday, and for the last minute, her boyfriend had called her to talk about something and here I am waiting for exactly thirty minutes outside a coffeeshop.

It makes my blood to boil though. The agreed time was 10 and it's quarter to 11 already and the vet will close at 11:30 and it would also take time going there
because of the heavy traffic. My manager offered a hand but I refuse since vet checks are usually just Jennie and me.

And right now, it might be just me.

Chaeyoung is in the company, while Jisoo is in the dorm probably still sleeping at this hour.

Ten more minutes, and I'm just gonna send the animals in the vet myself.

Sooya: where the heck is everybody?
Sooya: is it just me or the cats and Jennie's dogs are missing?
Sooya:I can't find your fat fluffball and his superior brother.
Sooya: Jennie's ugly dog and the tiny ugly dog too! Reply asap!

I laugh as I read each text that pops up. Jisoo tend to be a bully to our pets. She's good at it.

You: they're with me. Vet check today. Don't worry.
Sooya: what about Dalgom?
Sooya: you left him. How dare you!
You: you sent him just last week.
Sooya: oh
Sooya: you're right.
Sooya: bring me coffee on your way home. I'm starving.
You: we have coffee maker.
Sooya: iced Americano is better.
Sooya: take care. love you.

I smiled to the last text.

Nini: let's bring the the  pets maybe tomorrow. I can't make it today.

My brows met to the message that just pop on my screen.

Nini: Kai planned something for today. I'll make it up next time.

You: but I'm here already. Almost one hour to be exact.

I typed the message furiously. And good thing I didn't put exclamation marks on it knowing it is what I really feel right now.

Nini: I know. But he wouldn't let me. I think he had surprise to me Lis. I can't just leave.

I didn't bother to reply rather turned off my phone. I bit my lip  fully aware I'm pissed. I drove fast away hoping that I would still make it on the vet.

Since the veterinarian was nice enough, he let us have the last slot on their session for today. It didn't last long coz after thirty minutes or so, they got the result and nothing's bad after all.

Probably only Leo getting fatter and fatter to every visit. I was advice to have a little control of feeding him coz he seems to reach overweight.

I nodded and took the pets individually in the car, with the staff helping somehow.

Before going home, I made my way to Starbuck's to grab Jisoo's favourite coffee. It should've be just five minutes or more, but when I spot a familiar figure, I knew I would take some time.

Irene on her cap, with Joy on the other side was looking at my direction. They have coffee on their table too, and by how they look, specially Joy, they're awkward to call me first. So I did the first move and bow to them slightly as of respect.

Joy was amused shyly smiling and telling me I shouldn't have done that. While Irene, was just there. Looking at me.

I still can't forget how she finished the omelette I prepared last week. And later that night, Jennie ask what the heck did I feed Irene coz Seulgi told her that Irene was experiencing a stomach ache since noon.