Chapter 27

Niamha rolled over and stretched, releasing all the tension from her shoulders. She sat up and looked over at the clock and saw that she had an hour before she had to get ready for school. Two weeks had gone by since that whole incident with Alana and much to Landon's discomfort they still couldn't find Michael. But back at school everything was chill as if nothing had happened. The girls lit into her about not having seen her all of Christmas break. She simply told them that she was busy with her new man and that started up a round of teasing and questions wondering who it was. She smiled and blushed at the thought of her man, she didn't have to say anything as she felt a presence, she had committed to memory, snake his muscular arms around her waist and dip his head into the crook of her neck placing kisses there. She could faintly here the cat and wolf whistles from the Crew as they watched the new couple with appreciative smiles. Everyone knew what Michael had done to her over the break and couldn't agree more that he needed to be dealt with. Niamha shook her head and laughed lightly before heading into the bathroom to take a quick shower. She stood in her closet looking at everything that she hadn't packed up yet and decided on her Jordan Retro 10s, black leggings and black tank with lace in the back. She pulled her hair up into a messy bun and put in some simple studs. She grabbed her things, before heading downstairs. When she walked into the kitchen and saw her family sitting there enjoying breakfast.

"Good Morning." She said cheerily.

Tate looked at his sister, whom he hadn't seen in weeks, walk around bubbly and giggly. He watched her prance around the kitchen fixing her breakfast. When she sat down at the table he noticed the way that she animatedly talked to Justine. Tate raised an eyebrow before taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Niamha.."

She looked over at him and he saw the life back in her eyes that he had seen missing since she came to live with him. He mentally felt himself swell with happiness. He looked at his little sister and couldn't help but see the resemblance to their mother. He smiled at her and she immediately smiled back. He noticed that she was responding back to a text message. She looked up at him with questioning eyes.

"Something wrong Tate?" She moved to put her dishes in the sink and finish off her orange juice.

Tate shook his head and added. "Have a great day at school." He watched as his sister grabbed her things and got ready to head out the door. Tate moved to collect his wife and daughter dishes, he headed to the sink and placed them in there when he looked up he saw Niamha sitting in some dudes truck have a tongue war! He dropped the dishes that were in his hand and they clattered in the sink on impact. He saw the red spots boil behind his eyes as the truck drove away.

Landon pulled up into the Audubon Zoo. He got out and helped Niamha out before moving to get Zek out the backseat. He handed Zek over to Niamha and watched as she settled him on her hip and Zek laying his head on her shoulder. He smiled and the reached out to grab her hand they headed over to the entrance where they were supposed to meeting the Crew. As they approached everyone's eyes just about bugged out their head as they approached with a kid. Niamha just smiled and wrapped her free arm around Landon's waist, pulling him closer to her. They came to stop in front of the Crew and they could clearly see all their eyes filled with questions. Niamha peeked over at Landon and noticed that he didn't have a care in the world. She looked back over to her friends and they were all looking at her and Zek with curious eyes. Landon couldn't take the silence that had formed around them.

"Could you guys stop staring please?" Everyone's eyes meet his and he looked back evenly, "this is Zek. My son." He draped his around Niamha and watched shock register on everyone's face, after a split second of awkward silence everything went back to normal.