Chapter 14

When Niamha walked back into the house from being out all day with the girls, she was exhausted. She went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water before heading to the stairs, as she walked past her brothers' study she couldn't help but stop and a listen to their conversation.

"I don't know what to do with her anymore Justine." Her brother said.

"Just be patient with her sweetie, she's going through something's right now. It's a part of growing up." Justine responded.

"That's the thing Justine she is grown there will be no more growing up for her once she graduates high school. She needs to learn now and know that life is no longer about her." He paused. "Maybe I should send her back to Atlanta?"

"Now honey, that's not going to solve anything, talk to her, listen to her, try and figure out what's wrong. You can't solve all problems like your parents did what good would it do in this situation?"

He looked away before sighing. "I don't know. It's just so hard. I love her so much and I wanna help but I can't help but feel helpless."

"I see where you are coming from honey but you need to understand that she is still a teenager, just because she is legal - and only to vote I might add. It doesn't mean that she still doesn't have room to grow and learn. Listen I know you are worried and I know that you are scared out of your mind, and you have every right to be but you have to know that she is still growing up." Niamha watched as Justine sighed and held a hand to her stomach. Her brother got up out his chair and went to go and hug her. Then he leaned down and placed a kiss on her pregnant belly.

"Honey," Justine finally said, "let me talk to her."

"No." Her brother said. "I'll do it."

"Honey, please." Justine looked at her fiancé with adoring and pleading eyes. She watched him sigh before agreeing to let her talk to Niamha.

"Alright." He said pulling her into a hug and kissing the top of her forehead.

Niamha blinked back tears as she watched this exchange with her brother and his fiancé. It reminded her so much of the way her father would hold her mother when she was concerned with something. She was about to turn around and come back by the door to announce her presence, but she hit the end table that was there and the vase that was sitting on top moved.

"Niamha?"

Dang, she thought, they found her.

"Yes?" she said trying to keep the pain out of her voice.

"Can you come in here for a minute?" Justine asked.

"Sure." Niamha walked into the study and stood in the middle of the floor looking at her feet. She looked up at her brother and Justine and immediately felt guilty. For the past month she had been moping around her as if it was the end of the world putting everyone one edge around each other, bringing bad vibes in the house and it wasn't good for the baby or Justine especially when it wasn't their fault that she had messed up her one chance at happiness. "I'm sorry."

She heard her brothers breathe catch and looked up at them to find Justine smirking and her brother gaping at her like she had four heads and one eye. Niamha shifted on her feet as her brother stared at her. Finally he walked up to her and wrapped her in a big hug and kissed the top of her head. "I love you Niamha always remember that." He said into the top of her head.

"I know and I love you too." She hugged him back and let a few tears slide down her cheek. "Please don't send me back to Atlanta. I love it here, with you and Justine and Avannah." She sniffed and wiped her tears away. Her brother pulled back from her and looked her in the eyes.