Chapter 10

Niamha heard commotion coming from above her upstairs. She pulled herself out of the chair and walked up the steps. When she entered the room she saw that the girls were up and getting dressed. They looked at her with a curious gaze and then went back to what they were doing. Brynn came out her walk-in closet and noticed Niamha sitting on her bed. She came over and sat down next to her.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Niamha answered not bothering to look Brynn in the face.

“Look at me Niamha,” Brynn said taking Niamha’s hands into hers, “whenever you need me I will be here for you. I promise.”

Niamha blinked back tears and nodded her head. Brynn pulled her into a big hug and gave her a squeeze.

“Alright now,” she said letting her go, “get your ass dress! We got some serious shopping to do.”

Niamha laughed at Brynn and headed to her dance duffle and pulled out a white razorback tank, white floral shorts, and her pink oxford shoes. She went into Brynn’s bathroom and straightened her hair adding a bump to the end, and then added light makeup. When she came out she saw that everyone was dressed. Miranda had on red leggings; a black cropped razorback tank that showed off her belly ring, Jordan III’s and had placed soft curls in her blonde hair. Reese had on American flag sports top, high-waisted jean shorts, red toms, and had straightened her hair. Elizabeth had on a colorful strapless romper, black oxfords, and wore her hair in a simple straight ponytail. Faith had on a fitted jean dress, brown wedges, gold accessories, and wore her hair in soft curls. Francesca had on a white sleeveless shirt tucked into an orange fitted mini skirt, with cheetah platforms. Niamha looked at Brynn finally and noticed she had on a peach colored button up tucked into high-waisted jeans and black high wedges. This ought to be fun, Niamha thought as she got dressed. After double checking that everything was in place the girls pilled in Elizabeth and Faith’s cars and headed to the mall.

***

After shopping the girls headed back to the twins house and had a movie night. After watching three movies they decided to head back upstairs and chill in the room. They were all laughing and joking around when Miranda asked Niamha.

“So where were you on Friday?”

Everyone got quiet and waited for her reply.

“I, uh…” Niamha thought about lying, but decided against it. “I left.”

“No, shit. Where did you go and with whom?” Her question implied that she already knew the answer but wanted to see if Niamha was going to be truthful about it.

“I went to grab something to eat, with Michael.” She intentionally left out the fact that they went to his grandmother’s house and the kiss they shared when he brought her back to school.

“Aww. Michael is a sweetheart,” Faith said and the other girls smiled and nodded their heads in agreement.

“SO…” Francesca piped, “How did it go?”

“It went well enough.” Niamha felt herself smile as she thought about the day she spent with Michael.

Seeing her reaction, the girls laughed and congratulated her. Niamha blushed at all the attention they were giving her, and then questioned them.

“Forget about me. What’s up with ya’ll and ya’ll relationships?” when Niamha asked that question it started up another round of rowdy conversation. After dying down in conversation Elizabeth got up and went over to the stereo and turned it on. The girls got up and started singing along to Heart Attack by Trey Songz. When the song was over on came My Boo by Usher and Alicia Keys. The girls finished the night singing along to the radio.