Chapter 26 Part 3

Niamha looked around and tried to take in everything that was going on. In the past few hours it seemed like she was dumped into the fast life. There were people coming and going out of Landon's apartment. Niamha couldn't believe all that she was seeing going on in this house. Men of all sizes, women that looked like they have seen a life that they should have never seen, were walking around with intimidation rolling off them like it was perfume. The people defiantly looked liked they knew the streets and if push came to shove they could pull the trigger with no remorse. Niamha sat on the sofa in a daze watching everything that was going on. She still couldn't grasp who would take her baby Zek. She didn't know she was crying until she felt a familiar presence in front of her wiping her tears. She met his blank eyes. He was comforting her when he was the one that need comforting. Niamha lifted her hand and gently laid it on his cheek. She offered him a weak smile, but it didn't last long before it fell from her face. In the course of a week she had lost two children even if one of them wasn't biologically hers. They stayed locked in each other's gaze.

There was a loud outburst making both of them to whip their heads towards the noise. Landon stood and reached out for Niamha, he took her hand and led her to where the loud commotion was, when they rounded the corner everything was more a buzz than before. People were strapping up and getting prepared to head out. Everyone looked to Landon, as he entered the room.

"What's the news?"

"They found out where he is."

Niamha felt Landon tense next to him as he looked back at everyone in the room. He looked down at her and his eyes softened just a bit.

"I need you to stay here."

Niamha felt an increasing sadness that he didn't want her there with him. She loved Zek as much as he did, and she wanted to do whatever is needed to bring him back home. She stilled her insides and placed a blank mask on her face.

"I want to go."

Landon knew there was no arguing with her when she got that look on her face. He studied her for a long period before nodding his head, and motioning for someone from the crew to come over and strap her up.

After being strapped up they all piled into five black SUVs and headed to where they knew he was at. The pulled up in front of a rundown housing complex and both Niamha and Landon's blood boiled from the thought of little Zek having to stay in such conditions. The filed out the car and noticed the rain drops that were starting to pour down. Everyone seemed unaffected by the rain, knowing the more important things that were going on now. Landon served the scene, before dismissing people.

"I want four following me inside and the rest of y'all surround the building. No one gets out this bitch alive."

People nodded their heads in agreement before breaking off. Niamha walked side by side with Landon into the front of the building complex. They didn't have to figure out where they were keeping him because only one apartment was being occupied. They lined up evenly on the side of the door, before Landon gave the signal to break the door down. They maneuvered into the room and it seemed to be the split second of slow motion before all hell broke loss. Shots were being fired as the moved throughout the house, one by one the people that were supposed to be guarding the house fell to their decease. After clearing the first floor they moved to the second floor and took out anyone that was in there way. Niamha was furthers away from the shooting, down the hall where she heard the soft cries of a child coming from the bedroom at the end of the hall. Niamha proceeded with caution down the rest of the hall before opening the door. She looked around and saw the most heart wrenching sight. Baby Zek was in the corner cowering and shaking in fear with cuts, bruises and blood trickling from his body. Niamha stepped into the room and checked her surroundings, she moved slowly over to Zek before squatting down in front of him. She saw his little eyes hold fear with dried tear streaks on his cheeks, and it broke her. She grabbed Zek into a tight hug and buried his face in the crook of her neck, she felt his tears as his arms tightened around her neck. She soothed him, stroking his hair and promising that everything was going to be alright. She had the sickening feeling that someone was standing directly behind her and her suspicion was confirmed when she heard the unmistakable cock of a gun. She got up slowly shielding Zek from whoever was behind her. She whispered in his ear that she was going to set him down and he had to hide behind her no matter what. She faintly felt him nod before she lowered Zek to the ground ever so slowly to face the aggressor. When she turned around she was meant with bone-chilling dead charcoal eyes. The familiar eyes matched the sickly smirk on the spiteful person. She looked over eviline before looking at the barrel that was pointed between her eyes. The stomach churning silence that engulfed them was too much. She reached behind her and pushed Zek closer to her legs. Her eyes stayed focused on Alana, as she watched her every movement.