Chapter 33

Landon looked over at Niamha as she sat there just staring at Mallory and Micah. When she feel out, he had sighed before picking her up and carrying her back over to the couch and laid her down placing her head in his lap and stroking her hair until she woke up. No one had yet to speak and now that Mallory had placed Amiha down for a nap, they were all alone and sitting on opposite couches staring at anything but one another. Landon cleared his throat and all eyes shifted towards his.

“Soooo….” He began and dragged out hopping that someone would break the silence.

“NIAMHA I’M SORRY!!!” Mallory blurted out and looked down at her hands.

Niamha looked at her long and hard then shifted her blaze to Micah who looked away from her once she looked at him. “When did this happen?” She questioned looking from the both of them and then letting her eyes land back on Mallory who was still looking at her hands. Niamha watched her deeply sigh then lifted her eyes to look at Niamha and then looked over at Micah. They seemed to be having a conversation between the two of them and then it abruptly stopped. Micah and Mallory slowly peeled their eyes away from one another and looked back at Niamha and Landon who were watching them intently.

“Okay…” Micah started.

“It was after you left the A your Junior year,” Mallory cut in, “things just became different around there. Nia, when you were driving away from my house and you were staring thru the back window - It hit me; you were leaving and no matter how hard I fought it the sadness was creeping up on me and it was something that I just couldn’t shake. So I broke down and started crying. I couldn’t help but feel like our friendship was going to suffer immensely. Those weeks and months that followed over the summer I was so remote and became withdrawn within myself. I was barely eating and I thought nothing could get any worse, but Kayden broke up with me. I just couldn’t think of any other way to get over the pain that I was feeling than to just end my life. So I took it upon myself to head towards the only place that I knew I could let this shit go down. I went over to East Wood by the Kroger and headed back up into the streets wandering alone and at night. I dragged myself along just waiting for some shit to pop off and then place myself in the line of fire. I was heading down the next street when I saw headlights fly around the corner and begin to start speeding around the street heading directly towards me. I stopped and felt a sense of relief wash on me as I watched the approaching headlights. I closed my eyes waiting on the inevitable, but it never came. I peeled on eye open and saw that the car was parked directly in front of me. I saw the driver door open and out stepped this fresh ass nigga. I mean dope as shit. Tall, muscular, covered in tattoos, he had on a black Polo t-shirt, some black pants with some Polo boots. He was all man and I could tell that he had just handled some business. He walked up to me and his deep baritone voice almost put me in a trance. He was all like ‘You looking for a death wish?’”She tried to deep her voice to match his, but it sounded weird and caused everyone to crack a smile. “I couldn’t do anything but stare at him and then I just burst out in tears. He looked kinda panicked and reached out to touch me, and when he did that I collapsed in his arms. He pulled me up against his chest and it felt like he was holding me like he would a child, it was amazing. I started to calm down and feel asleep in his arms. I woke up the next morning and I was alone in a bed in a room that I didn’t understand. I couldn’t bring myself to be scared though, it felt right you know.”

Niamha thought back to when she first met Micah and how uncomfortable she was in that situation. But then she looked at Mallory and saw how, when she thought Niamha wasn’t looking, she glanced at Micah with so much love and adoration and he shared the same. She thought back to the times when she and Micah spent one another and never could she remember that much emotion reflecting in his eyes. Niamha knew that there was nothing more to hear, these two were meant to be together and she couldn’t be happier for them. She felt a small smile stretch across her face and looked over at Landon and saw everything she needed to see in his eyes as he looked at her. A future. A future with him. Zek. Family and Friends. She saw that he was all she was ever going to need and she was all he was going to need ever in life. She leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips and turned to see Micah and Mallory tonguing each other down like there was no tomorrow. She sneaked a glance a Landon and saw the amusement written across his face, Niamha thought about breaking up their dry hump fest but the way she say it was by placing herself in their shoes she’d be pretty damn upset if someone did that to her. So she leaned over and whispered in Landon’s ear.