Chapter 3

Niamha walked out of the lunch line and looked around. She pondered where she could sit at and noticed the girl Brynn, she sits next to in English, sitting with the people that looked to either be cheerleaders of dancers and decided to ask her if she could sit with them. As she headed towards their table she felt like she was being watched and sure enough when she turned her head to the right there he was watching her like a hawk as she crossed the lunch room. When he noticed that she caught him staring he flashed a breath-taking smile that showcased his dimples and pearly whites. Niamha blushed and turned her head, when she turned her head back though she wished she hadn't because there with her arms around his was some chick and she was whispering something in his ear that had him grinning like a damn fool! Before Niamha let any emotion cross her face she turned her head and continued to walk over to the table where Brynn was sitting.

"Hey Brynn." She said as she approached the table.

"What's up Niamha."

"Nothing much. Look I was wondering, if I could sit with you guys for lunch?"

Brynn looked around the table before saying. "Sure just pull up a chair."

Niamha moved to a nearby empty table and grabbed a chair and pulled it up to the table. She sat down and Brynn immediately introduced her to everyone else.

"Ladies this is Niamha. Niamha this is Miranda," she pointed to a pretty dark-skinned girl with long flowing blonde hair she kind of reminded me of Gabrielle Union, "-Resse," she pointed to a Hispanic looking chick with curly hair that was brown at the bottom but her roots were black, "-Elizabeth," she pointed to a white girl with crinkly red hair she kind of looked like Rihanna with her red hair, "-Faith," she pointed to an Asian girl with a cute curly asymmetrical hairstyle, "-and finally my twin sister Francesca." She came back to a girl that looked just like her except she had curly Mohawk going on with braids on the side.

"It's nice to meet you all." Niamha said.

"So Niamha, right?" Miranda asked.

"Yes." She said popping a french fry in her mouth.

"Where are you from?"

"Atlanta."

"Really what part?" Elizabeth piped in.

"Not far from Little Five Points."

"No, shit? I used to live out there before I moved to Louisiana."

"That's wassup." Niamha glanced over to where Landon was sitting and saw that same chick now straddling his lap making out with him like it was nobody's business.

"That right there is Landon and his slut of a girlfriend Charlotte." Francesca informed Niamha when she caught her staring. Niamha looked back at the girls and they all were looking at her with smiles on their faces.

"What?" Niamha asked turning her attention back to her fries.

Nobody said anything, instead still looking at her with a knowing smile. "Nothing," Brynn piped, "so Niamha what do you like to do? Play any sports?"

"I dance and cheer."

Excited glances went around the table before they landed back on Niamha. Francesca spoke this time. "That's awesome. How would you like to try out for a position on the Dangerous Divas Dance Team?"

Niamha took time to think about this before she gave her answer. "Sure why not."

"Great. Try-outs begin tomorrow after school from 3 to 8."

"Okay." They continued their lunch talking and getting to know each other, even exchanging numbers before it was time to go back to class. They got up and she noticed they all seemed to have on something that brought out their style. Miranda had on bleached ripped skinny jeans with all white Jordan 60s and a white muscle shirt with a black HEAT snapback on. Resse had on Red, Black and White Jordan 4s with black leggings and a white off the shoulder shirt and a white SUPREME snapback. Elizabeth had on Jordan 5 Retro with khaki short shorts a black tank top with a ripped jean jacket on and a White BULLS snapback. Faith had on the white and black Jordan Fusion 4s with army skinnies a fitted white shirt and all black OBEY snapback. Francesca had on floral razorback tucked into white high waisted shorts with black pumps and a rounded hat. Brynn had on cheetah printed sleeveless shirt tucked into a black pencil skirt that stopped mid-thigh and black pumps. She couldn't help but realize that these ladies had fierce style and she would have the time of her life shopping with them. Niamha finished her day with smiles and six new girlfriends. She got into her car and headed home to get started on this homework that her teachers had assigned.

*******

Niamha walked into her house and noticed that something was off. She didn't hear the usual noises that accompanied her brother and sister being home. She walked into the kitchen, then the living room, she searched the whole house and still couldn't find anyone. Giving up on her search she went into the kitchen to grab a snack and head upstairs into her room to work on her homework. She reached the top of the stairs and noticed that her door was slightly cracked and she knew she closed it this morning, before leaving the house. She headed down the hallway and peaked inside her room and what she saw there made her scream, drop all her stuff and charge full speed into the room.