Chapter 1 - Meeting The Fallen

Taehyung woke up with the worst hangover. His head was pounding as if someone was repeatedly smashing it with a hammer, his body felt sore and sluggish, and as he raised his head away from his soft pillow, he felt his stomach cramp up. Slapping a hand over his mouth, Taehyung shot out of his king sized bed and bolted into the bathroom attached to his room, wrenching the toilet lid open and emptying the contents of his stomach immediately.

He spluttered and coughed for a moment, tears welling up in his eyes at the burning sensation in his throat. He took a few deep breaths when nothing else came out of him and collapsed onto the floor besides the toilet, leaning his back against the wall behind him and gently resting his head against the wall too. He closed his eyes, his face scrunched up in both pain and irritation as a few tears slipped down his cheeks.

He wondered what on Earth had happened yesterday that caused him to drink so much alcohol. He hated drinking with a passion. Detested it, even. He only drank when it was absolutely necessary – perhaps when he was at a party or a business meeting in a more relaxed environment. Other than that, Taehyung avoided alcohol like one would avoid the plague. Something terrible must have happened for him to snap and resort to drinking it, but no matter how much he wracked his brain, he just couldn't remember what it was that had pushed him to the point of no return. It was as though the memory of the previous day was an accidentally deleted file – gone, with no way of restoring it. As if it wasn't there in the first place.

With his stomach cramping up again, Taehyung angled his body forwards once more and supported himself on his elbows over the toilet seat just as the rest of whatever it was that he had consumed the previous day decided to rush out of him. When he was sure that he couldn't possibly expel anything else, he took in a shaky breath and moved away from the toilet seat to rest against the wall again. He rested there for a few moments, eyes closed and face scrunched up from concentration as he willed his brain to remember something – anything – from the previous day.

A soft rap of knuckles against the bathroom door brought him out of his thoughts, and Taehyung weakly raised his head to look up at the male hovering uncertainly in the doorframe.

"Samuel," Taehyung rasped out, giving the younger boy a weak smile.

The boy, Samuel, was a rather tall and thin individual with soft features that gave him an almost angelic appearance. He had full cheeks which looked so soft that people often had to fight the urge to pinch them, and his eyes were large, round and very dark, earning him the nickname of 'the doe-eyed Kim brother'. His skin was paler compared to the rich honey colour of Taehyung's, and his lips were much thinner too. His black hair was parted on one side and was slightly messy, adding to his soft appearance. He had piercings in both of his ears – in one was a simple silver stud while in the other was a small silver cross. He was wearing a crisp, newly ironed black suit which contrasted to the crumpled state of Taehyung's suit from where he had slept in it all night.

"You look like death," Samuel, commented, his eyebrows furrowing in concern as he cautiously stepped into the bathroom, crouching down beside Taehyung with his arms folded over his knees.

Taehyung's smile widened a little at the comment as he responded, "I certainly feel like it." His eyes drifted away from the younger boy to stare at the wall opposite him, and there was a moment of silence before he spoke again. "About yesterday ... did I tell you anything?"

Samuel sighed and shook his head, his lips forming a small pout. "No, brother. You never tell me anything—not when you're sober, and not when you're drunk. I asked you so many times about what happened, but other than telling me to drink with you or get lost, you didn't say much."

"I see ... " Taehyung nodded slowly. He remained silent for a moment, thinking hard about what could have happened, and then he frowned. "Hey, Sam—did I say anything about what would happen today?"