Just Staring

Cyrus can't help but stare at Jonah all the time, but he always makes sure Jonah doesn't catch him. At least, he thinks he does.

Cyrus had become the biggest fan of ultimate frisbee. Becoming MVP made him fell like he was part of something really special.

He would watch every match, cheering on the Space Otters, despite the fact that he could only ever focus on one thing.

That would, of course, be Jonah Beck, the captain and also most popular member of the team. It was to be expected that he would be getting lots of attention from his fellow students.

Whilst the majority of his admirers were girls, Cyrus was probably the biggest fan he ever had, and he didn't even truly believe he had fans.

Andi and Buffy were supportive of how Cyrus felt. They would always sit next to him and witness the love and adoration he radiated for Jonah.

Buffy: You really need to be more confident in what you do.

Cyrus: I'm sorry, what are you talking about?

Andi: You seem to be under the impression that you will never go out with Jonah.

Cyrus: And you think I will?

Buffy: He has never said that he doesn't like guys.

Andi: In fact, you know he hates labels.

Cyrus: That doens't mean anything.

As Cyrus went back to staring at Jonah, he tried to avoid eye contact whenever Jonah would look over at him.

After the match had finished, Cyrus and the girls waited for Jonah, and were ready to congratulate him on the win.

Jonah: Hey guys!

Cyrus: Well done for winning.

Andi: You were so impressive.

Buffy: You thrashed the other team.

Jonah: And it felt good that we could, considering how distracted I was.

Cyrus was unaware that Jonah could ever be distracted from playing ultimate. His eyebrows burrowed in confusion.

Cyrus: How were you distracted?

Jonah: I kept noticing that a certain person couldn't keep their eyes off of me.

Andi: Oh really?

Buffy: Tell us, who was that?

Jonah: It was my boy, Cyrus here.

Jonah smiled at his friend, whilst Cyrus began to hate being the centre of attention. His cheeks turned a bright shade of reddish pink.

Cyrus: You must be mistaken, I wasn't doing that.

Jonah: Oh, that's a shame. It was nice to think someone kind was looking out for me.

Cyrus: Oh okay, I was staring at you.

Jonah: I know.

Cyrus: Sorry.

Jonah: Don't be, I kinda liked it.

Cyrus: So, you don't mind if I stare at you?

Jonah: Only if you agree to go out with me.

The girls almost screeched with excitement, because they knew that Cyrus and Jonah were going to go out.

Cyrus: You mean, on a date?

Jonah: Hopefully more than just a date. I want you to be my boyfriend.

Cyrus: I'd be delighted!

Jonah flung his arms around Cyrus and allowed the smaller boy to snuggle into him. The girls looked on with beaming smiles.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I loved writing it.