eight.

8|LOVE

"Tonight. The Aleutian flu hits harder than anticipated, and city leaders scramble to catch up. Hello, I'm Johnny Frost. At a news conference today, Seattle mayor Floyd Baracus surprised most observers by issuing a mandate that every man, woman and child get vaccinated against the flu virus this week. Local hospitals have now reported 125 cases of Aleutian flu. Sources claim the outbreak can be traced to a commercial airline flight from Paris earlier this year." Liv, Ravi, Clive and Winter all sat in Ravis office watching the news, worry flashing across all their eyes.

"You better believe that right after roll call tomorrow I'm getting to one of those locations." Clive spoke up, slightly biting his nails with worry. Winter placed a comforting hand on his arm in hopes of calming the still man.

"Peyton says those vaccines are arriving tonight." Liv informed the man. "They're keeping them at some city facility."

"Which one?"

"She said if she told us, she'd have to kill us." Winter laughed darkly, sitting back against the leather sofa.

"I'm not going to be able to sleep until I've got that vaccine coursing through my veins." Clive stated causing Ravi to nod his head in understanding as he was the only other human in the room.

"You'll be fine." The ebony haired woman mumbled, sending the man a playful wink.

"Insomnia is actually one of the earliest symptoms of the Aleutian flu." Ravi randomly stated, not helping with the situation one bit. "Well, along with unbearable sensitivity to light." He added once he realised what he had said.

"What'd you see?" Everyone asked as they noticed Liv have a vision, her eyes going blank before she blinked awake again.

"Carey Gold killed Katty Kupps." Liv admitted causing everyones eyes to widen, the accusation completely changing the outcome of their theory.

"You actually saw the murder?"

"No, but Katty was in the trunk of a car, Carey opened it up, and she seemed surprised to find Katty still alive." The pale haired zombie explained.

"So, like we thought, the bludgeoning happened somewhere else." Clive finished. "Carey was moving Katty to the location behind the hotel."

"Framing Chase?" Winter questioned, suddenly sitting up as the conversation became interesting. "He was living at the hotel."

"Maybe."

"Let's find her, make sure she doesn't talk her way out of this one." Clive nodded, walking out the office with the two women following closely behind.

"I'll hold the fort down here." Ravi called out to their retreating forms.

"Keep this place still standing for when we get back." Winter laughed, throwing her white medical coat on to an empty table and grabbing her actual outside coat.

The drive to Fillmore-Graves felt excruciatingly long for Winter Snow as she desperately wanted to tell Chase Graves the good news. They rushed through the halls, finding Carey stood across from Chase, three soldiers stood around her, guards. He pulled the gun out from his waist band and shot the three soldiers before shooting Carey in the head.

"Chase!" Clive ran towards the office, gun raised. "Chase, put the gun down."

"You're a hair too late." Chase joked, placing his gun on his desk. "You could've rescued me. Mutiny led by Carey. She was trying to sabotage the move to Zombie Island."

"Thank God you're safe!" Winter ran into his open arms, squeezing him tightly against her as she rested her head on his chest, listening to his slow heart beat.

"So the Aleutian flu, it was all about getting more brains?" Clive questioned, putting the pieces together.

"For her, it was Pearl Harbour. Strike first. Strike hard." Chase added.

"Did she kill Wally and Anna Reid?"

"I'm not sure if she pulled the trigger, but she ordered it." Chase informed him gravely. "I believe it would be in everybody's best interest if I take care of this mess in-house."

"Be my guest." Clive growled, gladly down at the dead woman sprawled across the floor.

~•~

"Where are you taking me?" Chase Graves chuckled as he followed after the bouncy ebony haired woman.

"Its a surprise!" She winked at him, dragging him into the main room. A mattress was set up on the floor by the fire, the television had Netflix up and ready for them and food scattered the floor, overflowing from the small bowls. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." He smiled at her, letting her sit him down as she found a rom com on Netflix, finally settling on 'Love Actually'.

"I thought you might need this after everything that happened with Carey, a way to destress." Winter cuddled into his side, draping a duvet over them as they watched the movie.

"You know, angry sex would have worked as well." He suggested, winking down at her as she slapped his chest.

"We can do that later, let's just cuddle for now." She hummed, kissing the base of his neck and running a hand down his bare chest.

"I'm holding you to that." He placed a gentle kiss to her head and went back to watching the movie.

"I have to ask, and it's been annoying me for ages." Winter begun, moving away from him to watch what he says. "Was Fillmore-Graves purposely named that with the huge pun intended? Like I don't think any humans would get it."

"How long have you been wanting to ask that?" He laughed, sitting up and stroking her hair lovingly.

"Since I first heard it."

"Then yes, the pun was fully intended." The pair finally settled back on to the mattress, enjoying the rest of the movie and finishing all the food.

"You said after the movie." Chase growled lustfully, rolling them over so she was straddling his waist.

"But I want to watch Disney." She complained, kissing the corner of his lips.

"Put it on as background noise, we both know how loud you can get." He pulled her top off over her head, his eyes instantly trailing down to her chest.

"Chase?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."