𝘃𝗶𝗶. chapter.

JEAN GREY AND AGENT PHIL COULSON WERE IN THE SAME ROOM AS THOR

          JEAN GREY AND AGENT PHIL COULSON WERE IN THE SAME ROOM AS THOR. They showed him a few footages just to catch up on what Loki did before he arrived at the Earth for the second time. Thor's eyes immediately travelled from one to another screen where the picture on Jane Foster was. Thor looked at her, remembering the last time he was on Earth.

          "As soon as Loki took the doctor we moved Jane Foster," Jean assured him, seeing the look on Thor's face when he saw woman's picture. "We've got an excellent observatory in Traunsee. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday. Handsome free, private plane, very remote. She'll be safe," Phil continued.

          "Thank you. It's no accident Loki taking Erik Selvig. I dread what he plans for him once he's done. Erik is a good man," Thor exclaimed, earning attention from everyone in the room.

          "He talks about you a lot. You changed his life. You changed everything around here," Phil said while Jean just nodded in agreement with her father figure.

          "They were better as they were. We pretend on Asgard that we're more advanced, but we...we come here battling like bilchsteim," Thor mused while the three started walking towards the room where Tony and Bruce were.

          "Like what?" Jean asked, clearly confused as both Phil and she stopped walking.

          "Bilchsteim? You know; huge, scaly, big antlers. You don't have those?" God asked, eying the two. Jean shook her head. Something told her that she didn't want to know what are those. "Don't think so."

          "They are repulsive, and they trample everything in their path," Thor explained as he walked over to the side of the ship and looked out the window, lamenting about what has happened and what may come.

          "When I first came to earth, Loki's rage followed me here and your people paid the price. And now again. In my youth, I courted war," God spoke up as Fury walked in the room. "War hasn't started yet."

          "You think you can make Loki tell us what the Tesseract is?" Director asked God who thought about it for a second. "I do not know. Loki's mind is far afield, it's not just power he craves, it's vengeance upon me. There's no pain that would prize his need from him."

          Fury walked towards the stairs as Thor spoke. "A lot of guys think that until the pain stops," Fury stated.

          "What are you asking me to do?" God asked, looking at Fury. "I'm asking. What are you prepared to do?" Director asked back with his emotionless face as usual.

          "Loki is a prisoner," Thor states after some time. "Then why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat that wants to be here?" Fury asked, raising his voice a little. No one answered the question and Thor didn't either.

          "We had one of our best interrogators talk with him," Fury started as Jean looked up to met his eyes. She instantly knew that the director was talking of Nat. "And he refused to talk to anyone except one person," Fury finished. Jean let out a quiet gasp as she felt Fury's eyes on her.

          "Do you know why would Loki show a sudden interest in Agent Grey?" Director looked over at the God who stopped to think for a second. Jean quietly waited for the answer since she didn't know the answer herself, but Fury did and he was scared that the God of Mischief knew too.

          "Its possibly the power she possesses. She did manage to stop my hammer," Thor replied and after that, Fury sent redhead kid to talk to the God.

          Jean wanted to go, she wanted to find out what and why the God of Mischief called her child of the universe and why he showed interest in her. Also, was she going to see Clint again?

          Loki was walking back and forth inside his glass cell. Suddenly, he stopped. "I see they passed my message," He said as he turned around to see young Jean Grey standing there.

          Young agent dismissed her colleges from the room and when they all walked out she turned to face the other God.

          "How thoughtful. Who would say that the powerful life force could be found inside of the child on Midgard," Loki mused with a smirk. Jean wanted to ask him right there what he meant by that, but Fury instructed to only talk about Barton and his actions.

          "I wanna know what you've done to Agent Barton," Jean requested, looking straight into Loki's green eyes. "I'd say I've expanded his mind," God simply exclaimed.

          "And once you've won. Once you're king of the mountain. What happens to his mind?" The girl asked, hoping for the best. "And why would such a powerful creature show such affection on a mortal?" Loki asked the girl curiously.

          "He is a family," she explained shortly. Loki looked girl and raised his eyebrow. He set down. "Tell me."

          Jean used her power to bring the chair from the end of the room to her. She set down as well. "Before I helped SHIELD, I uh...well, I made some mistakes. I killed my parents and when I met Clint, he took me under his wing and took care of me. He was one of only a few people who weren't afraid of my powers," Jean explained while remembering what happened five years ago.

          "Anyone who isn't afraid of you is a fool. But, what will you do if I vow to spare him? Would you help me rule your planet?" God asked, rather interested.

          "I would make your death quicker," she simply replied with an emotionless face. She had no interest in teaming up with him. Loki laughed hard. "Oh, no. But I like this. Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Loki laughed once more.

          "Like I said he is a family. I will protect my family no matter what," Jean repeated again. "And how exactly that? You killed your own parents in rage. You smashed the car into yours, you hurt people. I know, Barton told me everything. Can you protect anyone like that? You think saving one man would change what you did in the past?" Loki asked, raising his voice, standing up from his chair angrily.

          "This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer...PATHETIC! I know you want to make up for the horrors you've done in past, but they are a part of you, and they will never go away!" Loki yelled out, slamming the glass cell he was, which made young Jean flinch.

          "I won't kill your precious Barton! You will! I will control your mind and make you kill him slowly. Intimately. In every way, you know he fears! I will make you kill him with all your powers. And then I will bring you back long enough to see your good work, and when you scream, I'll split his skull! This is my bargain, you little child!" Loki yelled out once more, making redhead child turn around.

          She stayed in the same position for a few seconds until she turned around to face God with a confused expression. "So, Banner... that's your play," The girl mused, repeating the thing she saw in his mind. It took her some time to get inside of Loki's mind. Maybe it was because he was a God, maybe because he had powers of his own, but she did it.

          "What?" Loki asked, confused at what just happened.

          "Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well," Jean warned, placing two fingers on her head and using her telekinesis power to comment to Avenger's earpieces.

          The girl turned around to face the God once more. "You will need to work harder if you want to manipulate me. I was personally trained by Natasha Romanoff and this kind of stuff doesn't work on me. Thank you for your cooperation," She thanked and quickly walked out, leaving Loki stunned and frozen in his place.