𝘅𝘅𝗶. chapter.

JEAN, STEVE AND NATASHA were quickly walking through the city with Jean's mind illusions activated so that no one could recognise them

           JEAN, STEVE AND NATASHA were quickly walking through the city with Jean's mind illusions activated so that no one could recognise them. They were all a mess and they had nowhere to go. Still, Steve mentioned something about knowing a safe place so two girls were following right behind the Super Soldier as he knocked onto random house's doors.

           Doors opened a familiar man. He was Steve's running buddy as Jean remembered. "Hey, man," he greeted in confusion, eyeing them all. "I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low," Steve explained shortly.

           "Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Jean added and Sam paused for a mere moment before he stated, "Not everyone." He let them enter to which Jean couldn't be more grateful.

           They all took turns and cleaned themselves and Sam invited them down to the kitchen because he made them breakfast. Jean already had a really good opinion on him because of that.

           "So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked, looking up at Steve. "Pierce," Steve replied without hesitation.

           Jean narrowed her eyes at that. She always kind of knew there was something wrong about him. "Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," the redhead teen pointed out.

          "But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star," Steve thought and Natasha furrowed her eyebrows. "So was Jasper Sitwell," Nat reminded them.

          "So, the real question is: how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Jean asked with a sigh. They couldn't just kidnap him in a broad daylight.

          "The answer is: you don't," Sam mused, dropping a file in front of Steve and Jean looked at it in curiosity. "What's this?" Captain asked, looking up at Sam.

           "Call it a resume," Sam replied and Natasha picked up a photo of Sam with his para-rescue team. Redhead teen got up from her position, moving closer to see what this was all about.

           "Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you," Nat questioned and Sam nodded. Redhead woman looked at Steve. "You didn't say he was a para-rescue." Jean grabbed the photo of Sam with his colleague, looking at it.

           "Is this Riley?" Steve asked, and she didn't even have to read his mind to know something bad happened. It was written all over his face.

           "I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" Natasha asked curiously.

           "No. These," Sam exclaimed, handing Steve the file, and Steve opened it and went through it quickly. "I thought you said you were a pilot," Captain muttered, glancing up at Sam.