𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶. chapter.

BEFORE THEY WENT TO TAKE DOWN HYDRA THAT WAS HIDING inside of SHIELD, Steve decided that he would make a speech over the intercoms to all the agents of SHIELD

          BEFORE THEY WENT TO TAKE DOWN HYDRA THAT WAS HIDING inside of SHIELD, Steve decided that he would make a speech over the intercoms to all the agents of SHIELD. To the good ones, of course, to let them know what had been going on. It was a bit dramatic, in Jean's opinion but oh well.

          "Have I ever told you how dramatic you are, Steve?" the redhead teen asked as they entered the tech room where the intercoms were, Sam and Maria threatening the techies with guns if they tried to interfere.

          "I don't think you did," Steve responded, amusement in his voice. Jean pursed her lips, nodding her head. "Well, now you know," she added.

          "Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

          "Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam questioned. Everyone except for Maria and Jean had made fun of his speech. The teen he adopted thought very highly of his superhero speeches and was rather moved by it.

          The four got ready to split off. Natasha was already off. She had her own mission, infiltrating the Security Council meeting with Pierce, using SHIELD's device to change her appearance to look like one of them.

          Maria was going to do some work behind the scenes while Sam, Steve, and Jean were making their way to the Helicarriers. Steve was wearing his Captain America costume that he stole from the Smithsonian. Sam was wearing his Falcon suit, and Jean was wearing her standard suit.

          "Hey, Cap, Red, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam questioned, the two as they got closer and were about to jump in the battle. "If they're shooting at you, they're bad," the teen replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world, before the three split off.

          There was a huge drop from where they were standing to the next level. Sam got ahold of Jean, taking off flying with his jet-pack wings while Steve jumped down. "Don't move too much or I'll drop you on purpose, kid," the man warned, leaving Jean to roll her eyes at him.