𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶. chapter.

JEAN SHOT HER EYES OPEN WHEN SHE HEARD music softly playing in the apartment

          JEAN SHOT HER EYES OPEN WHEN SHE HEARD music softly playing in the apartment. She stayed in bed, long enough to think things through. She first looked up at the window, seeing it was dark. Then her gaze fell onto the clock that stood on her nights stand. It was only about an hour after she left the hospital, meaning Steve wasn't the one who turned on the music.

          Redhead teen stood up from her bed. She slowly and silently made her way towards the kitchen as she grabbed the knife just in case, and her other hand was up in the air, ready to attack with her powers if needed.

          Jean made her way towards the main living area where the music was coming from. She peered out from the corner, slightly relaxing her shoulders when they saw that it was Fury who was in the apartment.

          Teen agent slightly turned around to see that Steve peered up from the other wall and that made her tense up again. "What the hell is going on in here? Why are you sneaking into your own apartment? And who the hell told you to come uninvited while I was sleeping?"

          Steve made his way towards Jean as he stood beside her. "I was wondering the same, cause I don't remember giving you a key."

          It was silent for the moment and Jean took Fury's appearance in. He was slouched in the chair casually. Fury shifted his posture. "You really think I'd need one?" Fury leaned forward a bit in the chair.

          "My wife kicked me out," Fury continued as he kept a straight face, but something told Jean that he wasn't telling the truth. So she took her time to slowly enter his mind. "Didn't know you were married, sir," Jean spoke up raising her eyebrow at Fury, wondering why would he lie to them in their own apartment while they were alone.

          "A lot of things you two don't about me," Fury continued. "I know, Nick. That's the problem," Steve turned on the light to reveal Fury's injuries that made Jean tense up a little.

          The SHIELD's Director put his hand up in motion for them to stop what they're doing and be silent before he shut the light back off and opened his phone and turned it to face the two. The words "ears everywhere" was written on the black screen.

          Jean as she saw the words, looked around the apartment. She saw nothing and no one so she decided to trust Fury on this. "I'm sorry to have to do this, but I had no place else to crash," Fury turned his phone back around and scrolled down on his note app before facing it back towards the two. The words, 'SHIELD compromised' were written this time.

            It was clear as the day that Fury didn't trust many people and it slightly shock Jean that he did trust the two of them with this.