𝘅𝗶𝘃. chapter.

Year is 2014

Year is 2014

          IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SINCE AVENGERS FOUGHT Loki and an army of Chitauri aliens in New York City. Not much changed since then. Jean Grey, now 15-year-old teenager was still an agent at SHIELD. She was still helping people, defending them and she was among all, catching bad guys and for two years she wasn't alone.

          For two years she had been going on missions with Steve due to the fact that they were practically inseparable. Since Steve was now Jean's official legal guardian, they have been living in the same apartment and by now, Fury knew that Steve trusted Jean. He needed to use that trust so he always sent them together on missions that weren't exactly Captain's favourite but they still needed to be done. Of course, Natasha was joining them sometimes cause she was always up to do the 'dirty' job Fury gave her, unlike Steve and Jean.

          Besides that, Fury would never let Natasha be alone on the mission with super-soldier due to the fact that he didn't trust her even though they fought in New York together and they both were Avengers. Steve only truly trusted Jean in the agency.

┈━═☆

          Jean had left her and Steve's apartment when the sun came out. Since Steve wasn't much of a sleeper. You can't blame the man, he slept for over seventy years. So he used very early mornings, when the sun was still down, to run around town and parks with his crazy supersoldier speed.

          Redhead teen didn't bother to go with him since he needed some time alone in the 'new world' he woke up at and he used his running as the catch up on a century thing, as he liked to call it. So instead of running in early mornings, she has been going to SHIELDS's training grounds. There, she would meet up with one and only Clint Barton.

          Clint and she had been doing archery after the battle of New York since he had the idea to teach her some of his special skills. He managed to arrange that with Fury and the Council when he said, 'what if her powers suddenly go off or what if she couldn't use them at the moment? that girl is our future. you all know that, and she needs to know more than just average fighting skills to do this job.'

          Ever since then, Jean had spent every early morning with Clint, the person she grew to love even more than when she was just a kid. Except when she and Steve were on missions that Fury assigned them for. But then again, next day came and they usually spent most of it teasing each other or fooling around when no one was watching.

           This morning wasn't entirely different than others either. Clint Barton and Jean Grey decided to head to the training grounds that were placed outside, in nature with bright and fully green grass, where the breeze hit ever so slightly to give them some fresh air or make them shiver slightly.

          "Remember what I told you. First, take a deep breath and focus on your target. Second, imagine your arrow actually hitting the target in the spot that you want it to and third, believe you can actually do it. Then, release it, but you need to do all of that fast," Clint Barton advised the redhaired teen that was standing in the middle of the training grounds, all ready to shoot arrows in targets that were carefully placed on the trees that were surrounding the area.