𝘅𝘃. chapter.

THE NIGHT ALREADY CAME

          THE NIGHT ALREADY CAME. Outside of SHIELD's jet was rainy and stormy but it didn't stop the trio from going and saving people's lives and catching bad guys. Steve, Jean and Natasha were flying over the Indian Ocean with STRIKE team. They were on the mission led by Brock Rumlow to rescue hostages from the ship.

          "The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago," Rumlow explained using a touchscreen monitor to show them evidence. "Any demands?" asked Steve.

          "A billion and a half," Rumlow replied which caught Captain's attention. "Why so steep?" Captain asked glancing from Rumlow to Natasha and Jean. The man avoided eye contact because he knew how a soldier would react when he heard the real reason. "Because it's SHIELD's."

          "So it's not off-course, it's trespassing," Steve said looking at Natasha as he waited for her excuse. "I'm sure they have a good reason."

          Jean stayed silent knowing what was going to happen. "You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor."

          "Relax, it's not that complicated," Jean defended earning a look from Captain. "How many pirates?" He asked looking back at their leader of the mission. "Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc." And just then, a photo of Batroc showed up on the monitor making Jean, Natasha and Steve look at it.

          "Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties," Rumlow continued.

          "What about hostages?" The only teen agent asked as their leader took a step towards the screen. He clicked some buttons and more pictures of people came into view. "Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell."

          Next Sitwell's photo appeared on the monitor. "They're in the galley."

          "What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Steve continued to question himself before getting ready to give out orders. "Alright, Jean and I are gonna sweep the deck and I'm gonna go find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out and Jean you will help him with that." Steve ordered and Jean instantly nodded at him.

          "Let's move," Steve dismissed as Rumlow continued to order what STRIKE team should do. "STRIKE, you heard the Cap. Gear up."

           Jean moved on the other side of the room to get ready for diving off the jet. Steve walked to her alongside Natasha to do the same as her. "Secure channel seven," Steve said leaning in to talk into his wrist communicator.

          "Seven secure. Did you two did anything fun Saturday night?" Natasha asked doing the same as Steve. Cap looked up at redhead woman. "Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... No, not really." Steve and Jean smiled to each other as the teen agent put the earpiece in her ear.