𝘅𝗶. chapter.

RED, CAPTAIN AMERICA, BLACK WIDOW AND HAWKEYE all gathered in one of SHIELD's quintets that they stole, although Jean somehow knew that Fury let them do it

          RED, CAPTAIN AMERICA, BLACK WIDOW AND HAWKEYE all gathered in one of SHIELD's quintets that they stole, although Jean somehow knew that Fury let them do it. There is nothing that man ever missed.

          Clint set in the pilot seat while Natasha took a seat beside him on co-pilot seat. Steve and Jean were waiting on the back of the quinjet while they sit in silence at the bench. Jean wanted the ride to be silent. She wanted to prepare herself for what was about to happen but Steve wanted to know only one thing. Was she really ready after she saw her father figure die?

          "Are you sure you are ready for this?" Steve asked her. Jean looked up from the floor and smiled at the man. "I am more than ready. Phil had hope in us, Avengers and Fury said to Loki that he'll lose. I am here to make sure that happens," she exclaimed confidently.

          Steve smiled kindly at her. Maybe she had the age of a kid, but she for sure made decisions like a true adult. He knew she was ready for everything now.

          When they finally arrived in New York City, both teenage agent and Captain America looked out of the window in shock. There were chitauri everywhere and a lot of damage was caused. Buildings were ruined and half of their material was on the streets. Citizens were running wherever they could just to escape aliens that were hunting them.

          When quinjet was close to Stark Tower, Loki shot energy bam from the sceptre. It made the side of the quinjet and its wing go on fire. Natasha and Clint were trying to gain control over the jet and find the safe place to land on. Steve was quick to grab ahold of Jean with one hand, while he was holding a bar on the top of the quinjet so he wouldn't be flying around. Jean sent a thankful smile to the solder.

          Clint finally ended up crashing them into the ground, they landed on the sidewalk where only abandoned cars stood. They could've crashed into the building but luck was on their side.

          Clint and Nat met up with Steve and Jean, the four of them arrived in the middle of a four-way street. "We gotta get back up there!" Steve called out. Suddenly, the city lurched to a stop. A deep primal rage bellowed out. With that roar, a shadow came over them.

          Jean looked up at the sky as she sensed that something big was about to happen. "Guys, I think we've got a big problem!" Redhead kid called out as rest of them looked up at the sky.

          The portal that Loki opened only grew bugger. Chitauri leviathan flew out of it. It carried hundreds of soldiers on it's back. It flew passed four of them as it roared with rage. Four heroes could only watch, not knowing what to do next. Jean knew how to handle terrorists, rapist, serial killers, but alien snakes? She had absolutely no idea.

          From both alien snake's sides, human-shaped chitauri soldiers climbed off and attached themselves to the sides of the buildings, sliding down. Some crashed into those buildings and begin firing from their energy rifles at innocent people.