Chapter Seven

Ariel
I woke up the next day so early and was surprised to see Zeke up. He looked at me and then kept quiet ignoring my presence like I wasn't there. I felt a bit hurt but who was I to judge since I wasn't willing to tell Zeke what he needed to hear.

"Good morning." I greeted but I got no response from Zeke.

He just made breakfast for me and then I saw him open the door of the house and started to leave. I tried to make my body follow him but it wouldn't move. I hugged my chest in pain because I didn't want Zeke mad at me. I didn't want to be ignored by him.

I waited the whole day for Zeke but he wasn't yet back and it was getting very late.

Did Zeke leave? Did anything happen to him?

I pondered before I heard the door open to see Zeke. He smelled like the ocean and fish from where I was and then I knew he joined the fishermen in fishing.

"Welcome back." I said shyly before I stood up and entered my room.

My heart was tripping in excitement at the sight of Zeke. He was really handsome when he was wet with his muscular chest, broad shoulders and unruly hair. I felt my heart beating so fast and my senses kept telling me to go to my mate but I couldn't, not when I was feeling a strange heat inside me.

I started to pant hard as I slowly slides to the ground because my body felt so hot and then I looked at myself to see I was aroused and then I cursed mentally.

I was undergoing heat in a wrong time. Merfolks didn't undergo this normally since we're underwater but when we did it was when we were resisting our pull to our mates especially if they were another species.

I needed relief because it wouldn't calm down till after three to seven days so I slipped my hand into my pants and started to rub my shaft but my body wasn't getting enough satisfaction. I gasped when I heard a knock on the door.

"Red are you okay?" I heard Zeke ask and then my heart was beating faster as I tried to hold back a moan.

"Yes." I managed to say but I was from okay.

"I don't believe you. I'm coming in." Zeke said which only shocked me.

"No!" I shouted but ended up touching a sensitive part of me that made me moan.

Zeke opened the door to see me in a very compromising position that made me to avoid his eyes as I pulled my hands off from inside my pants and covered my nose and eyes.

Zeke
I felt a little troubled from ignoring Red but I did so that I could see how much he cared for me. He actually did because I saw the relief on his face when I was back before it turned to crimson red with his body trembling. He quickly welcomed me back and then he ran away to his room.

I decided to check up on him after much contemplation. I walked up to his room hearing tiny sounds before I knocked on his door.

"Red are you okay?" I asked and then he suddenly became silent.

"Yes." He said like he was struggling to keep his voice straight.

"I don't believe you. I'm coming in." I informed him before I opened the door to see Red lying on the ground.

His hair looked disheveled, his breathing was shallow, his face was red, his pants were down and he was painfully hard. He smelt like great arousal and then he was so embarrassed that he covered his eyes and nose for reasons I couldn't understand.

I watched him in amusement then I walked up to him and removed his hands from his face. He had unshed tears by his eyes from the embarrassment. I didn't find it wrong since I used to be a captain for a crew of men who needed relief when a woman wasn't around.

"Red why are you crying? There's nothing to be ashamed of." I said but then he shook his head.

"It's... so hot. The heat; it's s-so painful. It wants to force the mating." He struggled to speak as I held him up.

"Mating?" I asked and then Red nodded.

"Y-your my new mate." He said softly as he endured the painful heat.

I was shocked by this discovery. Was that the reason why I felt this pull to Ariel? If I was his mate then I needed to find a way to help him.

"How do we help the heat?" I asked but he shook his head as tears poured down.

"I don't know. It's my first time." He informed me then I thought of a solution.

"Red do you trust me?" I asked before he looked at me in puzzlement and then he nodded.

"I need to take off your clothes." I informed him and then he froze. "Please. I promise I won't do an you don't want." I assured him before he paused for a while and then nodded.

I took off all his clothes leaving only the necklace he refused to take off and then carried him into a tub. I then poured cold water into it as I noticed himself cooling down.

I left quickly and got him a water since he would probably be dehydrated. He drank the water like his life depended on it and then when he seemed better, I carried him out, wiped him dry and tried to wear his clothes but he raised his hands.

"To help me more, I need to have your scent on me." Red informed me as I smiled mentally.

He didn't know how to take care of his heat but he had an excuse to wear my clothes. I couldn't help it but laugh and then Red blushed in embarrassment.

"Consider it done." I said before I left to my room and got the clothes that I wore yesterday since this one smelt like fish.

I dressed Red in my shirt and it was funny how my shirt was like a very short gown on him since he was so tiny. I wore him pants before I have him so tea to help calm down his heat. I was about to leave the room after helping Red into bed when I heard my name.

"Zeke could you please..." He paused as he blushed up to his ears.

"Could I what?" I asked then Red gulped.

"Sleep beside me." He requested shyly as he looked down at his lap.

I walked up to Red and climbed onto the bed beside him. Red stayed in the inside part as I laid on the outer. We had a space between us but he seemed content that I was staying in the room with him.

It didn't take long before he slept off and then I decided to watch after him. I was able to sleep when I heard Red whimper.

"Uriel, don't leave me." He said sadly as a teardrop fell down his face and then he stretched his hand slowly to me which I took and then pulled him closer to me.

I was jealous of Uriel in a way. Even though he was dead, he still had a huge impact on Red. I felt like he made a big mistake by making Red to promise to love him no matter what that was why it was difficult for him to move forward. I was no Christian but God in heaven knew that I would never make someone as young as Red to promise to devote his endless life to loving just him.

I then closed my eyes inhaling Red's scent which had slightly a scent of arousal and sweet honey before I pulled him closer and closed my eyes.