Chapter Fifteen

We have our Argus. His soul only beats for Aric... I mean Ariel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zeke and I had been having our fun almost every night. We had sex four or five times in a week, sometimes less but all was good.

Today was my baby shower as April called it. Since my mate was human, I had to do it. I thought it was an event where I would take a shower but April said the name didn't do justice to the event.

Decorations, food and family were here. Since my pregnancy was to be secret, we couldn't make do a grand party April and Aquata wanted.

I sat on a chair eating cake as Melody teased her big brother who didn't seem interested in what she was doing at all but still gave her a little of his attention.

Zeke was getting familiar with my father who laughed along with Zeke. I was glad they were bonding but I really didn't like the fact his attention didn't once come my side.

I pouted as I stuffed my face with cake and took drink from the servant serving but Eric took it from my hand and dropped it back on the tray of the servant.

"That's not good for you. It's wine, have this instead." He said before he handed me juice.

"Thanks. I'm pregnant and can't have my drink." I responded a bit grumpy before I took a drink and kept the cup on the table.

Eric looked at where I was looking and then laughed when he saw me pouting.

"You were just like April when we had our baby shower. She kept on butting in on my conversations and she would pick on the ladies who had their eyes on me." Eric said as I looked at April who was happily ordering the maids around.

"It's hard to believe that now." I said before I took another drink.

"Yeah, she said that's the effect of the pregnancy but then I think she's lying because your actually being patient. It's funny how much you've mature." Eric said as I huffed and smirked.

"Well times change I guess. I'm really happy. Zeke looks nice when he doesn't dress like a savage or a fisherman even though his hot in whatever he wears or isn't wearing."

"Oh gods. We're not having this type of conversation. Just wanted to congratulate you, I hope your child isn't too much like you unless I can see you playing hide and seek when your having vegetables for breakfast." He said making me laugh.

"I'm really great at that game so I have nothing to worry about." I responded and then he laughed.

"They always say that." Eric added before finally Zeke came up to me.

He kissed my lips before he shook Eric before Eric excused himself. Zeke sat beside me before he pushed his chair closer.

"I saw your eyes on me the whole time." Zeke whispered teasingly into my ear that was blushing at the feel of his hot breath.

"Your dreaming. I wouldn't even think of you." I played dumb bit then he breathed on my ear making my body tingle.

"I think I'll go since you don't miss me." He whispered but before he could stand up, I dragged him back.

"If you leave, I won't have sex with you till the baby is a year and trust me I can do it. If you think the heat is going to give you a chance then your wrong." I threatened him making him to stop laughing.

I laughed so hard which succeeded in making us laugh. We started to talk about random things before April called everyone's attention.

"It's time to open the presents." April said excitedly before everyone came together.

I walked up to the chair they presented specially for me and then one by one I was given presents to open.

My sisters had given me toys for the baby as well as clothes they picked that they thought was cute for the baby not caring if it was a boy or girl. My father had gotten the baby a clam necklace that possessed a little magic inside.

I opened April's own and she got me matching shirts with Zeke which I absolutely loved and she also made one for the baby so that when it was born, we could make a family portrait. Eric gave me a necklace made from the finest seashells and then the twins gave me a storybook and colouring book.

Finally it was Zeke and then I was shyly wondering what he was had planned to give me. I watched as he brought a small box out of his pocket and then he placed it in my hand.

I tore off the wrappings to see a small black box. I opened it and gasped when I saw two rings inside. I looked at him in amazement and confusion.

"In your culture, marks are a symbol of marriage but in my culture this is a symbol of marriage. Red I love you now, tomorrow and forever. I'll give up anything for you because while I was at the sea searching for a treasure, I finally found the treasure I was looking for and will nevertheless ever abandon no matter what. In good times, bad times, sickness and health I will never leave you because our soul is one as well as our heart." Zeke said beautiful as I felt tears of joy flowing down my face.

"Being pregnant is making me too emotional. I love you Zeke with all my life, heart and soul. No one can take your place in my heart." I said before he kissed me and everyone clapped and some whistled.

Zeke wore me the ring before I wore him his. It was a perfect fit and then I saw the word 'My Treasure' engraved on it.

After the party, I went to the balcony and was taking in the cool breeze when April called out to me. I turned my back to see a gift in her hand and then she walked up to me.

"Someone just brought this for you." She informed me before she gave it to me and left.

I smiled and then opened it but threw the gift down on the ground when I opened it.

I saw a note fall out from the golden goblet that had the carving of Argus emblem on it. I picked the note up the note.

Happy baby shower my love. I hope you love your gift. Enjoy it while it lasts.