Chapter Fourteen

Ariel
Zeke seemed to be in a better mood since I told him I was pregnant. He also became overprotective and cautious of what I do, eat and how I sleep.

How was he even getting all these advice? It was nice to see him excited but I felt bad I wasn't as excited or happy as he was.

Today we were to have a meeting with my father. He was to come to land so he could have a feast with Eric. It would be weird seeing my father on legs but it wouldn't be the first time.

"King Triton, god of the seas is here!" The announcer announced before I saw my father and sisters here.

They looked majestic in their appearance except for Arista who dressed like a dancer from another country. Not surprised in her sense of fashion.

I hugged my father who looked happy to see me before we sat down to have a meal.

The table was rowdy and lively with everyone getting into each others business especially April. She seemed even more excited than anyone one here making me feel uncomfortable.

Zeke held my hand when he sensed my unease and the warmth of his hand soothed my nerves before he placed his other hand on my stomach.

"Everything is going to be okay. I promise." He whispered into into my eyes making me smile at his promise.

After sometime, April stood up and then started to hit a spoon gently on her wine glass.

"Attention everyone, Zeke and Ariel have an announcement." April said before she winked at Zeke and then I realized she might have already known I was pregnant since she was always sharp.

"Well I know we've only known each other for like a week but I have something very important to announce. Something we never expected." Zeke started as my family started looking at us in anticipation.

"Argus met with Red, he told Red that he gave him a womb before I met him." Zeke continued before everyone gasped.

"You mean..." Attina asked but Zeke cut her fast.

"Yes. Red is pregnant, we're about six weeks pregnant. That's why we want your support and blessing." He announced before he helped me up.

He brought me into his arms with my face still on my family and his chin on my shoulders before he placed his hands on my stomach.

My father coughed making me nervous before he stared into my eyes. I was feeling tensed up but then his facial expression changed and he was smiling before he clapped.

"I'm finally having my first grandchild. You have my blessings." Father said before I sighed in relief.

"Well it explains why your scent is so different but it's a nice scent on you. You have father, mine and our sisters blessings." Attina said before everyone started clapping.

"Well I'm the king, so blessing children us one of my responsibility after the priest. You have mine and my family." Eric said before my sisters stood up and hugged me while congratulating me.

I was happy that my family were understanding, they loved me no matter what and would always stay by side even in the most tragic moments.

Being pregnant was not easy at all. I had to puke every morning because of the morning sickness, I always craved for weird foods like pickles with butter and then the mood swings were getting on my nerves.

I got tired easily from just walking around for an hour and then my legs and eyes looked swollen. I felt heavy and had to pee a lot and everyone was so cautious around me especially Zeke.