CHAPTER SIXTEEN:

One week. That's all that was left. One last and final week before the wedding.

"It'll be okay," Chris assured me as he placed a kiss on my forehead, "just one week apart from each other and after that, we'll have the rest of our life to share."

"I know," I sighed, "are you sure you still want to go through with the wedding? I'd understand if you don't want to."

Chris chuckled as he pulled me into a hug, "I'm a hundred percent sure I want to marry you."

I swear my heart jump around at his words.

"Good," I smiled, taking in his scent as he held me tightly.

"Okay, this is cute and all but unfortunately, it's time for us to go," Abby told us as she finished packing up the car.

"Way to ruin the moment," Felix chuckled as he leaned against the wall.

"Yeah well, too bad," Abby laughed back as she walked over to Martin, hugging him in the process.

"I really need to get a girlfriend," Felix sighed as he watched Abby and I.

"Yes, you do," Sam chuckled as he entered the room, fixing his beanie as it had fallen.

"You're single too," Felix shot back.

"I know," Sam smiled, "but instead of moping around, I'm actually enjoying it while I can."

"Okay, that's enough, we really do need to head out now," Natalie informed us as she entered the room, baby Mia in her hands.

"My baby!" I gushed as I ran over to her, holding her in my hands and watching as she giggled while speaking gibberish.

"Looks like kids are in your near future," Sam chuckled as he nudged Chris lightly.

He rolled his eyes before walking towards me, smiling at Mia who was currently clapping her hands.

"Hi beautiful," he called out, laughing as Mia let out a squeal. We all watched in amazement as Mia held out her hands towards him.

"She wants you to carry her," I told him, watching as his eyes widened slightly.

"Are you sure? I don't want to risk dropping her."

"You'll be fine," I laughed, "just hold her like this."

And soon enough, Mia was in his arms while he watched her with curiosity. Mia held onto his necklace as she babbled on, trying her best to put the necklace into her mouth.

The smile on my face was evident as I watched them both. I'm definitely having kids with him.

**

"Whoa, this is beautiful," I mumbled, looking around the cabin as we entered.

"I know, right?" Natalie chuckled as she set Mia into her portable crib, "Daniel bought it for me as an anniversary gift."

"I hope Martin will do the same for me," Abby mumbled as she exited one of the rooms, "there's a theater and everything."

"Do you think you'll get married to Martin?" Natalie questioned as she sat on the couch.

"I hope so," Abby sighed, sitting across from her, "I think he's the only person that can actually put up with me."

"That's true," I laughed, watching as she sent me a glare.

"Well then," Chris's mother spoke as she entered the room, my mother right behind her, "what should we do now?"

"I think we should have some fun," Ximena smiled as she entered the cabin, holding a bottle of liquor in her hand.

**

"We met when we were in high school. He was pretty popular and I was the new girl in school, he said I caught his attention right away. I used to have long fiery bright red hair that everyone always complimented me on. If I'm being honest, it was love at first sight for me. It was different for him since his family was very strict about only dating to marry and they obviously wanted someone that came from a wealthy family, which was the total opposite from mines. We dated in secret for a while until we graduated and went to University. We reconnected a couple of years later, once I had my own business operating, and his parents finally gave us their blessing."

"Whoa," I muttered as I stared at Chris's mother in shock, "that must've been stressful."

"Oh, it definitely was," she sighed, "but it taught us many valuable lessons and it helped us truly appreciate one another."

"Charlie and I," my mother spoke, "had an arranged marriage when we were only eighteen. We both hated each other at first but slowly over time, we fell in love. Then I fell pregnant with Natalie and everything just fell into place."

"Daniel and I met while at a party. He asked me to pretend to be his girlfriend since his ex was at the party and since I was bored, I agreed. He asked me out on a date when the night was over and I accepted, everyone said we looked great together. Mom didn't like him at first," everyone chuckled as we looked over at my mom, "he had bright purple hair and tattoos all over his arms when she first met him, which was by accident but then, slowly over time, she accepted him. I remember being so happy when she invited him over for dinner, Bethany was over the moon at the fact that I had a boyfriend. A year later, we got married and started our life together. And just last year, little Mia came into our life."

"Martin and I met in middle school when he got gum stuck in my hair."

The room was silent for a minute before we all burst out laughing at Abby's love story.

"Still to this day, I remember how mad you were when he failed getting the gum out so he cut it off."

"That was the year I had the worst haircut," she groaned as everyone laughed, "but then he came to school with this red and black stripped beanie for me. He apologized for weeks before I decided to forgive him and then he asked me out on a date. I remember that Bethany forced me to accept his offer and I have to say, that's the only time I don't regret listening to you."

We laughed for a while before everyone turned to me, "so tell us, what's your love story?"

^^

This chapter made me soft :(