16

Jimin gently placed his hands on Jungkook's hips. 

"Appa left you all alone here on the counter, didn't he?"

"Mhm," Jungkook mumbled. 

"Min Yoongi!" The younger jumped slightly. Jimin cast him a sympathetic look. Yoongi walked cautiously into the kitchen.

"You can't leave him on the counter! He could have fallen." The oldest glanced worriedly at Jungkook who simply gazed back. 

"I'm sorry." Jimin sighed and handed Jungkook over. 

"Have fun outside, I'm gonna clean up in here."

"Any specific time we should be home?" Jimin shook his head.

"Just before dinner." 

"Alright." The couple shared a kiss before smiling down at Jungkook.

"Have fun outside, love." Jimin leaned down and kissed him on the forehead, causing the younger to lean against Yoongi and hide his face. Yoongi rubbed his back and took him to the door. Jungkook sat safely on the tile as his Appa slipped sandals onto his feet. 

"Okay, bub. Let's go outside!" The little couldn't help but giggle as Yoongi made a big show of opening the door. The vibrant grass and soft wind surrounded them as the pair ventured off into the gated yard. A small tree towered over them. Setting the younger on the ground, Yoongi fluffed out a blanket.

"C'mere." He patted the blanket. 

"Sit with me." Jungkook looked at him skeptically. The older nodded encouragingly. Jungkook shook his head.

"I figured you'd want to do it yourself, but I could always sit you over here." He sat forward and slipped a hand under each of Jungkook's armpits. The little shrieked and jerked back, losing his balance. Yoongi rushed to catch him, but Jungkook struggled even more.

"Stop." The younger immediately stopped. Yoongi hoisted the boy up into his lap, gently running a hand over his head and down his back. Jungkook remained silent with his eyes cast downward. 

"Hey, I'm sorry for scaring you," He whispered softly, leaving a kiss on the younger's temple.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." Jungkook pouted, his bottom lip quivering.

"I sorry," He whined, tears dampening his cheeks. The older shushed him.

"Oh, love. You've got nothing to be sorry for. It's alright." Jungkook sobbed into Yoongi's chest, gripping onto his shirt.

"Hey, now. Breath. I don't want you to get sick." The little's chest jerked as he heaved in a sharp breath. Grabbing the other's hands, he placed them over his heart and breathed deeply.

"Copy me, okay? Do what Appa does." He inhaled- and exhaled. 

"There you go," Yoongi ran a comforting hand through Jungkook's hair.

"Good boy." The younger leaned against his chest, cheeks flushed. 

"I bet you're sleepy, huh bub?" Jungkook nodded weakly. Yoongi gently rubbed his back and carried him to sleep. He fished his phone out of his pocket and called Jimin. 

"Hey, everything okay? You know I'm literally just inside." The pair chuckled.

"I know, Kookie fell asleep on me. Literally."

"So what are you calling me for? Want me to come to get him?"

"Yeah. But that's not what I called for. I think he's starting to slip further."

"Really?!?! That's good!"

"Yes, we're making progress. Soon, we'll have a happy little boy."