24

Now dressed in a loose shirt and jean shorts, Jungkook took Jimin's hand as they left the house. Yoongi opened the car door and buckled Jungkook into the car seat. The younger glared at him, annoyed. 

"I know, babes. But it's to keep you safe." Jungkook scoffed.

"You'll love the surprise, I promise." Yoongi climbed into the front seat and Jimin in the passenger seat. Jungkook yawned, rubbing his eyes with his fist. 

"Sleepy, bub? Take a nap, I'll wake you when we get there." Turning to the window, the little watched the trees and houses zoom by.

"Jungkookie! We're here!" Jungkook groaned but opened his eyes. Jimin unbuckled him and lifted him from the seat. The elder walked around to the back of the car and popped the trunk, sitting the younger inside.

"Appa went to go get some ice cream! Aren't you excited?" Jungkook nodded, straight-faced. Jimin sighed.

"I know this hasn't been the easiest thing for you. But we really appreciate it. We just want to help." Crawling into the older's lap, Jungkook hugged his waist.

"I know, thank you." Jimin rubbed his back.

"You never need to thank us, baby. We'll always be here for you." 

"I love you guys."

"We love you too, little one. So so much." The little squirmed in his lap.

"When is Appa gonna be back?" 

"Soon, baby, soon. Don't worry."