Part seven

Australia tapped the surface of the table. It was quiet. Australia was slowly zoning out.

Denmark looked down at the menu and fiddled with the small pendant around his neck. "Decided what you wanted yet?" Denmark asked hesitantly, he noticed Australia growing quiet, maybe it wasn't the best idea to jump head first into this.

Australia looked up at Denmark and sat silent for a moment. "Uh."

"Food?" Denmark slightly tilted his head.

"Ah." Australia looked away and laughed, finally processing the question. "Yes that is a thing here. I forgot where we were." Australia hid himself behind the menu and browsed the options.

"Why don't I just order some potato wedges and drinks?" Denmark suggested.

"Sounds like a plan!" Australia scratched the back of his head and looked away.

"Any specific sauce?" Denmark closed the menu.

"Gravy. Let's go with gravy." Australia smiled.

"Okay and drinks?"

"I'm fine with water"

Denmark nodded. "Tak. For not completely falling sleep yet."

Australia perked up. "Ah, I... Sorry. It's just a bit... Awkward?"

"How come? Did I do something wrong? Would you have preferred something else?" Denmark sat up and rested his hands on the table.

"Wait no that not what I meant it's just-"

"Just?" Denmark leaned towards the other country.

"Let me finish mate. It's just the fact that we don't really know each other too well so it's a bit... yeah." Australia leaned back into his chair.

Denmark nodded and took a few deep breaths. "And that's what this is for. To prevent that."

"Exactly." Australia smiled.

"Right. Tak." Denmark sighed and smiled.

'Baby steps Denmark. Baby steps.'