Bonus Scene

Hey you guys! Thanks for all of your love and support on this book! Here's a sneak peek into the sequel, 'Love Me'!!! Enjoy!

AMERICA'S POV

"But it's a trick!" Clint protests, pointing to Mjilonir with humor in his voice. I cross my legs from my spot perched on the armrest of the couch next to Steve and smile. This should be good.

"Oh no," Thor laughs, "it's much more than that." He takes a swig of his drink.

"Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!" Clint booms in his Thor impersonation. "Whatever, man. It's a trick."

Thor gestures to the hammer. "Well, please, be my guest."

"Come on!" Tony crows. Clint looks surprised.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Thor responds, also grinning.

I lean over and whisper into Steve's ear, "here we go."

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up," Tony jokes. We all laugh as Clint steps towards the hammer.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint grips the handle and pulls. To no one's surprise, it doesn't come up. "I still don't know how you do it."

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony asks snarkily, reclining in his spot.

Clint points to the still-stationary hammer. "Please, Stark, by all means."

"Oh, here we go," Natasha comments, sipping her drink with an amused expression.

A chorus of "okay," "uh oh" and "here we go" travels through the group. Tony rolls his eyes at our lack of faith in him.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge. It's physics," he explains as he grips the handle.

"Physics," Bruce repeats sarcastically.

Tony addresses Thor. "Right, so, if I lift it, I...I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes, of course."

"I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta," he informs us before pulling to no avail. He straightens up. "I'll be right back." Minutes later, he returns wearing his armored hand but still fails. Then he gets Rhodes to join in with his armored hand. The whole thing is absurd and hilarious.

"Are you even pulling?"

"Are you on my team?"

"Just represent! Pull!"

"All right, lets go!"

Bruce attempts next, trying to scare everyone with a Hulk roar that is more pitiful than funny. Natasha gives him a sympathetic tilt of her head.

"America, you're up," Tony says, continuing the group fun and humiliation around the circle. I roll my eyes playfully, down my drink, and stand.

"Go get em, doll," Steve says, pushing me forward.

"All I'm saying is that if being shot the most makes you worthy, you all are done," I joke as my fingers wrap around the handle. Thor leans forward a bit, interested. I tighten my grip on the hammer and pull as hard as I can.

As I expected, it doesn't come up. Not even a bit. I bow dramatically before speeding off to the bar, returning seconds later to my spot on the couch with a new glass of red wine. Everyone laughs as I take a sip. It doesn't really bother me. I haven't redeemed myself enough to be worthy.

That would have been really cool, though.