15

"Goodbye, Mr. Schumacher. Thanks for trying."

Zak walked out of the room, tears streaming down his face as he tried to find a quiet corner to cry in.

Mr. S felt horrible for bringing the wrong thing up and thought about what he could have done differently in the situation.

Vincent, this entire time, had been simply waiting in the bathroom for Zak to leave so he could see what the Junior and their teacher was talking about. When he heard footsteps and slight sniffles and sobs walk by, he knew that it was Zak and that he had left the room. This was his time to act.

He walked out of the bathroom, down the hall, and casually into the Pre-Cal teacher's room. Vincent pushed the handle down and walked in to see Mr. S with his head in his hands, obviously regretting something he had done.

"What happened?" Vincent asked blatantly. Mr. S immediately sat up, noticing that there was a student in his room.

"Hey," he said. "You're pretty good friends with Zak, right?"

"Yes."

"Well... can you, like, talk to him for me?" He's kind of- well I don't know if it's really my story to tell, but just... have a conversation with the guy about his life right now, okay?"

Vincent knew exactly what he was talking about and simply nodded before leaving the room. He decided that he would catch Zak in the act tomorrow afternoon.

He left, setting his plan into action.

252 words