08

He decided to bunk in there for the night.

As time ticked away, Zak began to think about the events of the past few days. They were horrible. First, his boyfriend broke up with him, because he literally cheated on him. Then he came out to his mother only to be kicked out of her house for being a disgrace. Finally, to top it all off, his best friend got mad at him and called him some very mean words that Zak never wanted to hear again in his life. Zak had no place to stay and nowhere to call home. He felt tears threaten to escape from his eyes, but he held them in. He had to be strong. Not for his (ex)boyfriend, not for his mother, and not even for his best friend. But for himself.

When the clock neared 10 PM, Zak was still sitting in a corner of the closet. It was a lot colder than it had originally seemed. Whenever he walked into here from the main locker room, it seemed a lot warmer compared to them; now he was shivering. He was pulled from his thoughts when he heard footsteps scarily close to the door.

.

..

...

Zak was dead silent. He didn't dare move, breathe, or even think. Even his heartbeat was making to much noise. He could be caught right here, right now. He's not supposed to be on campus at this hour, and he might go to jail for trespassing or something! He waited.

A minute passed.

Now two.

Now five.

Zak waited for what felt like ages and didn't hear footsteps again, but was still nervous as he didn't hear a door close either. He decided that it was probably safe to move now. He was very tired and decide to go to sleep.

But he couldn't sleep knowing that there was someone with him.

316 words