A tes:t of might

3rd person POV.

In the headquarters of Re:bel, Misato was in her office enjoying a short break.

She was sipping her cup of coffee, as someone knocked on her door for permission to enter.

Misato finished her coffee, then allowed the person to enter.

Misato: Come in.

The door opened to reveal a old friend and co-worker of Misato.

The pink haired woman was named Mei Hatsume. She is the lead scientist/engineer who works on the Re:volution's. Her job is to build, upgrade and fix the armor's. She and Misato have been friends since the days Misato originally joined Re:bel 14 years ago.

Mei:(smiles) Hey Misato. How have you been?

Misato:(smiles) Hello Mei. I've been doing fine.

Mei: I hear that the red guy you've been chasing is giving you a hard time.

Misato: You have no idea.....

Mei: Don't worry, I know you will get him in no time! And once you do, I call dibs on checking out that sweet armor of his!

Misato: I wouldn't have it any other way.

Misato: So, why did you come here? We usually hang out, outside of work.

Mei: Well... I've been thinking. There might come a time were your team goes up against a Nexus that can out power them.

Misato:.........

Mei: That's why I want to recreate a Boost gear.

Mei: And before you say anything! I just wanted you to know that these new ones are going to have many safety mechanisms built in, so no one can play hero...

Misato: I'm not sure...

Mei: Listen, you know me. I promise you that these new ones will be completely safe.

Misato:............(sigh) Fine.

Mei pulled out a piece of paper that Misato then signed.

Mei: You won't regret this! Bye!

Mei left and Misato was once again alone in her office.

She got up and walked up to a safe in her office, she opened it.

Inside were several items: a belt, a gun and a small device.

She pulled out the small device.